Switching from SiTech Antares to... what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last years I've been using the SiTech Antares dryglove ring system. "Why?", you may ask. Because when I went for the Antares ring system I knew eff-all about dryglove rings, and my suit (Waterproof D7) came with silicone seals and arm rings easily compatible with the Antares system. No modification necessary, just buy a set of Antares rings, attach to the gloves and swap the inner ring on the suit with the one in the box. No gluing, no hassle.

But right now I'm pretty fed up with the Antares system. It's always been a tad finicky with getting it to seal properly, and it's a real PITA to doff the gloves. More than once I've had to doff my suit with the gloves still attached, and detach the gloves later since the method for detaching the rings dont... work as SiTech says it should. To top it up, last weekend I broke one of the clips on the glove ring. Luckily, the boat had a roll of electrical tape available, so I could secure the glove ring to the suit ring with tape and avoid a serious leak.

So now I'm seriously thinking about switching to another ring system. However, I want as little hassle as possible, and I want to be able to continue using my silicone wrist seals (I love them. They're less durable than rubber seals, but so much more comfortable, so I'm fine with sacrificing durability for comfort). I don't expect to avoid switching the rings glued into my suit, but continuing to be able to use the same silicone seals I'm using today is high priority. right now, I'm looking hard at Waterproof's Ultima system, but any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
I have been using the Ultima system with my waterproof D10 for about 9 month's now. It is a top notch system..very easy to install. very easy to put on and very easy to take off. after 20 + dives there have been no issues. very secure and very dry.. you won't be disappointed.

Does anyone know the difference in the Virgo SiTech and the Glove lock QCP SiTech? The look pretty much the same.

The one you're thinking of is the SiTech Glove Lock QCP. Love them, as well.

Glove Lock QCP - Dry Gloves Solutions - Products - SI-TECH

Looks good for Boxing...
qcp_qcf_2.jpg

I've been using the Quick glove system for over ten years now and I'm very
Happy with them. If you have to change out the suit side rings it's not really a big deal, it can be done in a couple of hours by almost anyone. I actual!y did a tutorial on the retrofit that I did on my Fusion suit.Whites Fusion SLT/SiTech cuff ring modification step-by-with pictures

You could always give DRIS a call, they are the wetsuit expectations here and sell almost all of the devolved systems.

Hope you will post your findings here. I'm more open to options, since my suit have regular latex seals at the moment, so modding will be necessary.
Since this thread has resurfaced, I'd better update it. I went for the Ultima rings. Installing them was a five minute job, and after a dozen or two of dives with them, I'm pretty happy. Snap on, snap off, no hassle and no leaks. Just remember to apply a slight sheen of silicone grease to the O-rings occasionally to make donning and doffing easy. If they're on the dry side, a little spit is a good temporary lube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom