Tech through PADI or TDI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And of course the above post is true, regardless of whether you are on your 10th or 10,000th dive. Some of the best advice I read early on was to not ignore the little things, because it only takes a few of them to snowball into a potential fatality.

I am the first padi tech rec instructor here in Canada, I am also a tdi instructor . I let my students tell me what agency course they want (before they start ). that being said teach 10 tdi courses for every one I do for padi . the padi program is an excellent program if taught properly ......im lucky I can teach both just my 2 cents

@abnfrog And I may just come and see you to do my tech training! If the army stops making me go yo-yo across the country!

we would be more than happy tp have you on 1 of our courses , I give military discounts and accommodation is always free ............

Recommended ^^^^^^^^

Hopefully this inquiry does not hijack the thread but here it goes anyhow and it is in regard to the padi as well as other tech course's.
I have a few people I know that are doing padi tech and saw one of their profiles of 150' on just 21% air. Reading other course structure like TDI and such you are using other mix's at that depth, and GUE well that is another story due to their standard gas starts at 32% (for all intents and purposes.

What I was wondering was if someone knows the reasoning for deep air dive's in the padI curriculum. I realize the steps of the program are small and that is fine just seems that one would want to try to not put themselves in a narc'd situation on purpose regularly?

Thanks

Hopefully this inquiry does not hijack the thread but here it goes anyhow and it is in regard to the padi as well as other tech course's.
I have a few people I know that are doing padi tech and saw one of their profiles of 150' on just 21% air. Reading other course structure like TDI and such you are using other mix's at that depth, and GUE well that is another story due to their standard gas starts at 32% (for all intents and purposes.

What I was wondering was if someone knows the reasoning for deep air dive's in the padI curriculum. I realize the steps of the program are small and that is fine just seems that one would want to try to not put themselves in a narc'd situation on purpose regularly?

Thanks
Both TDI and PADI have the same requirements for the dives at that level. You can use air or an appropriate level of nitrox. It is possible to do it with trimix with PADI at that level if the instructor meets the proper qualifications.

I do it on nitrox , it is after all advanced nitrox course NOT deep air , and the deco to finish my course IS deco not simulated ......I guess im just a dinosaur instructor that way ...I believe in making the students do what im certifying them to do

I do it on nitrox , it is after all advanced nitrox course NOT deep air , and the deco to finish my course IS deco not simulated ......I guess im just a dinosaur instructor that way ...I believe in making the students do what im certifying them to do
What agencies do not require deco for such a course?

look it up your the expert

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom