The "other" end of the DIR question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know what boom, that is just what i am going to do next time out, unfortunately it may not be until early september but rest assured you will be a recipient of it. Becuase you and Juniorthan both seem to think that unless you have taken DIR-F you dont know how to shoot a bag. in fact I might even do it maskless to prove a point.

Than you have my opinion totally wrong. I know divers who have never taken GUE training and are great divers. I'm also sure you can shoot a bag hovering, horizontal and without a mask. I am not questioning you experience, so please don't go there.

It is this attitude which really grinds on me,

Why is it when a supporter of the DIR system gets upset, they have a bad attitude. However, when it's an anti-DIR individual who is displaying a bad attitude we're not allowed to say anything?

I don't mind disagreeing with you Albion, shoot I have good friends that I work with that disagree with on a regular basis. Unfortunately, when both sides get sucked to these types of debates things get heated and end up doing more harm than good.

I also believe that GUE training isn't for everyone. I have many friends that I dive with who are not GUE trained and probably never will be, and they are very good divers. I would also, bet your a pretty good guy and someone I'd probably enjoy diving with, but it's these type of internet debates that cause to drive a wedge between the two side.

Personally, I think we should all just agree to disagree on the matter and move on to something we can agree on. At this point, I could care less what happens to this thread since these are not new debate and things will come full circle in another 6 months and then it will start all over again...it's just too sad IMHO.

You guys have fun, it's late here and I have to go finish packing to go play golf in 110 degree weather for a couple of days. :eyebrow: I'll check in when I get back.

Regards,

boomx5:
Personally, I think we should all just agree to disagree on the matter and move on to something we can agree on. At this point, I could care less what happens to this thread since these are not new debate and things will come full circle in another 6 months and then it will start all over again...it's just too sad IMHO.

Sounds like a plan we are argueing over technicalities here.

The question posed by the thread starter was why arent you DIR, I expressed an opinion and people have tried to change my mind. That hasn't happended and some of you have further convinced me of the zealous side of DIR, so you have achieved nothing.

I am going to dive my way and continue to monitor developments in diving methods and training and adapt them as I need. Similarly to use equipment I like and believe to be functional and safe.

I am going to bow out of what has turned into a shouting match where no one is listening to each other. If you still believe that filling a bag under yourself is a good idea then by all means continue to do so, its your choice, or is it :11:

Back
Top Bottom