The problem with SCUBA diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose it's somewhat of an addiction. I dive wet, and make (it's quite) an effort to dive once every 2 weeks or so all winter. Not any real life to see that time of year here and cold as hell. So it's more like I just don't want to get out of the routine totally and feel like I have to review what I'm doing before the first "real" dive day in May.

I am addicted .At work I think about where I could go diving next or how my last dive was . Got to get that next peace of gear be it big or just some small thing. can't wait to get in ther water to see what I didn't see befor . I dive the same place alot but allways see something new . It's still just FUN. CANT'T GET ENOUGH

I was going to be the victim in a rescue course this weekend but the student had to reschedule for next weekend. Now I am sitting here bouncing because I won't get wet for another week.

It is worse than crack!

I don't get to dive much, and have only 30 dives, but I get the addiction, and getting your mind right. After I bought my gear, I get up one morning, go into the bathroom where my gear is hanging to dry, and the smell of the neoprene just gave me the best feeling. Still just taking out my gear makes me feel good.

and i thought i was the only weird diver around,,

have been sticking my head underwater for 66 years and still get a thrill every time,now i know i am in a good crowd,,

my best to you all,,,and remember it only gets BETTER,

hope to see some of you all in the blue,,

the wetter the better!

:usa:

I felt the same way. Even now I found myself going to the local dive shop to dive in the pool. Once on the bottom I thought now what? However I had 2900 lbs to burn through so I stayed until they kicked me out LOL But hey I was under the water sitting on the net bench they have enjoying it!

I have had the pleasure to surf and fish in the Pacific Ocean for most of my life. Now I dive as well... and wonder why I waited so bloody long!
My best friends daughter recently asked her dad if I lived in the ocean. His response was "well, yeah I guess he does."
Someone on facebook today asked me if I had a job(I do).
I don't know if its an addiction but...sorry, I gotta go. We're going on a night dive in an hour and I have to prep my gear!
Get Wet!

I'm highly excited about jumping off somebody's dock into a murky lake to see a great deal of probably absolutely nothing tomorrow.

But I'm not an addict. I can quit any time.

Just started diving a couple months ago. Only a few more dives after this weekend and I'll finally work my way out of the 0 - 24 category (hurray!). I'd go more often, but I find myself putting off renting gear sometimes so I can justify buying something a couple weeks later (I didn't spend 50 bucks diving last weekend, so its kind of like I'm only paying 150 bucks for this dive computer right? that's a good deal!). Even then it's still going on the credit card :p

I've always been a water fanatic, from swim teams at a younger age to just being in the pool often during the summer, swimming along the bottom seeing how long I can hold my breath and pretending there is something interesting down there. I had a BLAST doing the training in the pool.

The sad thing is, I got certified with my coworker. It was his idea, I was just tagging along because an opportunity presented itself. Now he has yet to actually dive post OW. Whenever I wear any of my scuba T-Shirts, I constantly remind him that it's not his world either :)

Hello,,,

My name is Red Dragon and I am a SCUBA addict... :)

Been SCUBA since early 2004, I still remember it clearly my first kit up on the boat at Fahal Island, Oman… it was a sunny day with few scattering clouds. I did my first back flip. As soon as I hit the water I got this amazing tingling sensation (Goosebumps) all over my body. It felt like having a mixture of flavors all over. Different cuisines around the world mixed together in one bite,,, No, One taste, feeling,,, Sensation that submerges and dashes through the veins & pours of my body screaming for the need of SCUBA, I need to keep on SCUBA…
Now this is the only way I know how to live, SCUBA,,,
Unfortunately (NOT) I went and made my SCUBA even worse! I,,,,,, I,,,,, I,,,, went and bought a 32 ft boat and turned it into a SCUBA heaven… snif snif
When that is not just enough I went and made this website… Sea Legends |
Now, I can no longer survive without SCUBA… I no longer consider it as a sport… SCUBA is my way of life…

This is my story on being a SCUBA addict,,, and I am Damn proud of it!!!

Back
Top Bottom