The "S" Word

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
damiana:
Seems to me that embracing the “spirit” of a term like “stroke” is pretty mean-spirited.
That sums it up pretty well, I think ... and perhaps that tone of conversation has a place on the Internet ...

... but not on ScubaBoard.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't know about the rest of you, but instead of talking about diving, I'm going to go diving....

HBDiveGirl:
And lastly, am I the only diver who's also a working dog in the healthcare world, and thought that "Stroke" had something to do with the idea of an unsafe diver's potential to freeze, or "stroke out", as the fecal material started to get slung 'round by the fan blades???? That's honestly the image I got every time someone used the word.

Like, "Watch out, he'll stroke on ya' when things get hairy..."

Guess I must have been having my own personal TIA:D .

I'm lovin' those "Suckers" with Skills,
Claudette
Susan, Hilary, Elaine, Don(who you will meet tomorrow) and a few others are in the same line of work and post on the scuba boards. I have also had other dive buddies that are Drs. or RNs who dive but don't write about it. Floating in a weightless environment seems to be the preferred method of stress relief form working in hospitals.

beatingthehorse.gif

MaxBottomtime:
Floating in a weightless environment seems to be the preferred method of stress relief form working in hospitals.

Very true, but cocktails help too.:cheers:

NetDoc:
Mike,

I won't get into this with you. You completely misrepresented the discussion whether you want to admit it or not. If you are fine with that then by all means keep misrepresenting me. Only the first paragraph (or two) applied directly to you, and the rest was in general. You are NOT the only instructor who teaches more than one finning technique and you are NOT the only instructor who teaches trim.

I misrepresented the discussion? This one or the other and how? Now it sounds like you're calling me a liar so maybe you should explain. Both threads are here where any one who wants can read for themselves.

I doubt I'm the only instructor to do anything. So?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom