Time for a new forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I just think the DIR forum should be made opt-in. Then I can yell at mdb, dan f aleman, one bright gator, etc, etc that they should just opt-out if they've got such a huge frikkin problem with DIR...
I'd still opt-in. :D

I think this idea has merit. However, I think it only goes half way towards the real solution. We need to eliminate the DIR forum and replace it with 2 new ones. The GUE answers which can be named however the Goooeee people want it. And the other to be called Doin' It Properly. :D

One of you with more time on your hands than I have should speak to the OP's understanding of "multiple schizoid DIR entities", George's initial article, and the fact that Irvine would no more recognize what 'DIR' has become than Jesus would recognize what christianity has become.

But in terms of another forum, the DIR forum currently is nearly unmanageable. Another one like it with only semantic variance might require Pete to buy another server and force some mods into therapy.

Lets do a better job with what we have, rather than adding new opportunities for even more horrendous misunderstanding and dung-flingery.

Yes, but unless you deny access to everyone that can't produce a GUE card, then you're still going to have the same situation - those with no GUE training, or Fundamentals only, trying to give advice to others, and attempting to dictate what is and is not DIR.

But in terms of another forum, the DIR forum currently is nearly unmanageable. Another one like it with only semantic variance might require Pete to buy another server and force some mods into therapy.

Lets do a better job with what we have, rather than adding new opportunities for even more horrendous misunderstanding and dung-flingery.

The fact that you've decided to tackle moderating it speaks worlds about your patience.

I STILL vote for giving JeffG a huge "easy" delete post key :mooner:

Clearly that is incorrect.

The initial poster on the "When do you run a line?" thread was DIR-inclined and was trying to ask an honest question because they didn't know.

Your wording of "DIR inclined" is part of the problem. Clearly, some ask questions to this forum due to their complete lack of knowledge of DIR and get labeled a troll. Who decides if it's a legitimate question?

I'd still opt-in. :D

No doubt ... it's pretty clear that some folks come here strictly to disrupt. Those few are succeeding, and enjoying the hell out of themselves doing it.

I think that's too bad ... as it makes the forum virtually unusable for everyone else.

But then ... that IS the intent ... isn't it ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom