Titan Triggerfish Attack [No injury thankfully]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been attacked a number of times by Titan and yellow-margin triggerfish in Tahiti, the Philippines and Palau. Fortunately only bitten on my fins as I faced the triggers and filmed the attack. I showed them my fangs and they backed off.

LOL...yes... trigger fish are evil..i have been bitten several times..i wear a hood now so they won't take a chunk off my ears.

I think we could all conclude that titan triggers are just pure evil... What exactly are their contribution in the eco system then? :idk:

Maybe we should all stand up to those bullies and start biting back. They will get scared of divers and leave them alone.

Saw a trigger swim up and poised to attack the lead DM's head when he spotted it and poked it with his metal pointer (more of a reflex than a considered action) ... that's the first time I've seen a trigger retreat so fast!

I have seen Titan being chased off by a Damsel fish.
Damsel fish is far more aggressive than Titan except that you don't feel the pain of the bite.

The first fish I was ever attacked by was a Damselfish. I'm like "you're 3 inches long, what are you thinking?"

The first fish I was ever attacked by was a Damselfish. I'm like "you're 3 inches long, what are you thinking?"

Haha, is that what inspired your profile name!?

Gotta give it to ‘em, they’ve got some, erm...fishballs!?

I’ve been bitten on my leg through my 5mm suit. It left a nasty bite mark and resulted in a bruise the size of a small dinner plate. It was extremely painful and felt more like a dog bite. It was coming for Mr. OOO and he got out of the way. Before I knew what was happening, I was Titan Bait. Fortunately for him, we're still together.

I have a friend who was bit by a humuhumunukunukuapua'a in Hawai'i in April while snorkeling, probably in Kahalu'u. I was also charged by a humuhumu in the same place around the same time. He was bleeding, I did not get bit but then I have a lot more experience with fish behaviour than he does or maybe I was just lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom