Travel BP&W Setup $500 budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm headed internationally in two weeks. In my roll on carry on is my BP/w, reg set, masks, computer, damn, etc with room for a few changes of clothes. In my personal item goes my camera/strobes.

Dive knife and fins go in my checked bag.

Great thanks Does anyone travel with scuba brand labeled luggage? Or is it better to just use regular bags as to not draw attention to the fact that there is expensive gear in there? I have an akona roller check bag ,just wondering if I should use it. In reality though if I get my bp&w and pack like you most of the costly gear will be with me.

You want to freak them out? Put a couple of pounds of sea pearl bag lead weights in your carry on.
I used to put them in my checked bag but they wound rampaging through it trying to figure out what it was.

I've done that with my carry-on (just a single one pound weight) just to see what'd happen. They do focus in on that.

Great thanks Does anyone travel with scuba brand labeled luggage? Or is it better to just use regular bags as to not draw attention to the fact that there is expensive gear in there? I have an akona roller check bag ,just wondering if I should use it. In reality though if I get my bp&w and pack like you most of the costly gear will be with me.
I use this for my carry on, with and without dive equipment: Copilot Luggage Roller

I can fit my BP/w, regulator, computer, etc all in one half of the bag.

I use a Stahlsac dive bag but it doesn't say scuba anywhere on it. Wheeled Dive Bags: The Smuggler from Stahlsac

I use regular boring luggage and use whatever specific bags best fit whatever I am doing. Yeah I could get nicer and more durable bags, but why should I when the cheap ones I use get everything where I need it to go safely?
For my carry-on I just use a boring backpack, though I'm considering mounting a bag to my backplate/harness and turning it into the carry on itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom