Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have 4 of the guys from new batch. They come out better and better every time.
Some folks asked for new pictures so here go:

on1.jpg on2.jpgon3.jpg

Hey Andrew,

Light came today and so far so good. Three quick questions:

1. Should I be concerned about the internal play inside the cannister between the battery and the leads in the top of the can? I'm concerned a hard jiggle could mess up the contacts.

2. I'm assuming the o-ring on the soft handle is a spare and not a thumb loop, but just want to be sure :).

3. My charger turned green as soon as I plugged the spare battery in. So does red mean charging and green mean charged?

Thanks. I'll be doing some side-by-sides this weekend and will post them. Nice little light and not too heavy!

Mike

Mike,
no worry on #1, unless you have spare piece of foam and really want to protect it.
#2 yes it is a spare
#3 i charge batteries 100 before shipping and LiIO hold pretty well

Cool, cool, and cool. It's a really tight beam. Looking forward to trying it out Sunday and will post video of it vs. my DRIS 1K and Shorty.

Mike

Guys/Gals i have last light from latest batch for good home. $255 shipping and extra battery included.

Took my new light out today and did a side-by-side comparison with the DRIS 1K. The beam on Andrew's light is tighter and more focused, as expected w/ an 8-degree beam vs. the DRIS's 11.5 degrees. Using rechargeables, Andrew's light definitely has more burn time than the NiMh C-cells in the DRIS.

Here's the video:

140413 New Light at VP Solo - YouTube

Mike, thats pretty cool shots! Glad you had good time.

any takers for last light for the month?

Two lights in this batch. sorry not much time lately. $255 shipping and 2 batteries included. Can ship by fri.

Back
Top Bottom