Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Does the light come with the handle?
2. Is the light constant or does the light dim as the battery discharges, or does the light step down when the battery reaches a certain point?
3. Any more available?

@fiziks
1. Light comes with stiff velcro handle good for travel..
2. It is driven by LiIO batteries, so it is good till it dies, no dimming, except for last 5% of charge
3. i have one available $255 shipped in USA.

Anything upcoming with hard goodman handle?
Whole idea it to be a 'Travel ready' :) seriously though, velcro is very stiff, and you attach double enders and loops directly to the ribbed body of the light. i find it as easy to use as my proper hard handle..

Put my first two dives on the light yesterday. It truly is a badass little contraption. I might stuff some foam inside to stabilize the battery / connections, but other than that, it's spot on. I am probably gonna buy a second for the honey.

Great light Andrew. You made a nice little can light that goes right off the charts in terms of bang for your buck.

Report after my first 6 dives with the light:

I dove with my light this weekend. It worked great. It was bright. The battery lasted for a long time. Really great light, especially for the price. So glad I got it.
My two cents, if it's worth it. I love the size of the light because of the weight, especially for traveling but it would be great if the canister was a bit longer. I noticed my long hose would come slip off easily because it is so short. Also, I added a goodman handle with cave line and zip ties but if there was a place to add a screw on the head of the light, it would be more secure.

Overall, great light. Thanks!

On mine, assuming he makes them all the same, the cord is about 41" from edge of canister to edge of light head. From edge of cord protector to edge of cord protector is about 36".

I have somewhat long arms ( why I started trombone at such an early age... could reach 7th position ) and I find that I'm able to fully extend my hand out while diving and that when I'm in a normal position I don't have very much cord hanging down.

The morph 1000 has a cord length of 48" and frankly that seems way too long.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for great reviews guys/gals. hard good man handle is good, yet it defeat the purpose of "traveling" :) therefore i leave it up to you if you want to add it. really you go to home depot, get piece of aluminum stock, bend it to your hand and attach with ties or bungee or screws or tape or gum :)
remember you need to attach boltsnaps or loops to ribbed body of alight head itself. not to handle.

just finished up 4 more pieces. grab one. 255$ shipped with extra battery.

Guys/Gals last one left.. needs new home..

Back
Top Bottom