Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smay28:
The Pegasus looks like a nice toned down unit as well. Haven't seen any reviews out there yet though.

Only potential issue is that the Isis is the only BC that comes in XS. I have not scoured the sizing chart, but I think others would be too large for my wife. The XS designation on one BC only seems to steer that one toward the female market more than others (and the cross your heart bra feature, of course...)

JJAG

Just ordered the Juvi for one of the kids. $117 total for a new bc is incredible, plus, there is a triple-l dealer 20 miles from here who has told me he'll happily service anything I buy from the webstore. After she dives with it, I'll have her post a review.

xSandman3:
Just ordered the Juvi for one of the kids. $117 total for a new bc is incredible, plus, there is a triple-l dealer 20 miles from here who has told me he'll happily service anything I buy from the webstore. After she dives with it, I'll have her post a review.

According to Triple-L, they do not have any dealers in the U.S. Anyone claiming to be an authorized dealer is not, and there may be warranty issues. Just some FYI as I was asking them if they had a dealer in the Denver area where i could look and try on.

Went diving with MavJax yesterday and alomot ALL of his gear was Tiple-L... he was very satisified with it and was more than competent in the water with it. Not bad for the price.

Thanks Doc..
Nice to have a multi star member give the Triple L stuff the once over.. I'm convinced on the BC... Anyone looked over the 7mm suits?

jbichsel:
According to Triple-L, they do not have any dealers in the U.S. Anyone claiming to be an authorized dealer is not, and there may be warranty issues. Just some FYI as I was asking them if they had a dealer in the Denver area where i could look and try on.

This is incorrect, they do have a few authorized dealers (or distributors) in U.S., which can be located from Triple-L's website. But dealers may not carry all their products. There's one in So CA that carries their BCDs.

yc92602:
This is incorrect, they do have a few authorized dealers (or distributors) in U.S., which can be located from Triple-L's website. But dealers may not carry all their products. There's one in So CA that carries their BCDs.

Dealer / Distributor ??? Big difference in mixed channel distribution.. especially when it comes to warranty issues..
They are still in their infancy as far as bringing their products to market but I'm sure all this will get cleared up in short order. As far as I'm concerned, the savings are just too good to pass up.. I'll find someone with and industrial sewing machine should the need arise.. Same with the free parts BS in the regulator marketing.. If you do the math, and weigh the possibilities of you're missing a season or service, It's really not all that impressive.. If you dive for a living, things may be different, but for the average Joe, it's a 50-50 proposiiton at best.. Hope Triple-L takes off. Even if so, might want to get in while they're offering such killer deals..
Wadda' you guys think?

jbichsel:
They do have authorized dealers listed on the website, and the one in Southern CA is an LDS I use all the time. The guy who owns the store has told me he's going to stop carrying triple-l because he can't compete with the online store. According to him, the online store prices are his wholesale prices. He's less than pleased with triple-l right now, but has told me he'll happily service any of their gear people bring in, regardless of where they bought it.

xSandman3:
They do have authorized dealers listed on the website, and the one in Southern CA is an LDS I use all the time. The guy who owns the store has told me he's going to stop carrying triple-l because he can't compete with the online store. According to him, the online store prices are his wholesale prices. He's less than pleased with triple-l right now, but has told me he'll happily service any of their gear people bring in, regardless of where they bought it.

Makes perfect sense. I can't imagine the pricing being any lower. Even for large orders. That's why I'm not sure if the online stores pricing will remain this low. If it does, that will probably end up being their only means of distribution. Which I suppose if okay with them..

cfleming:
.......no depending on the LDS, except for air.....

I don't have anything to add to the Triple L discussion, but the quote from Chris did make me stop to post...

I fully understand wanting to save some cah on dive gear, but if everyone followed the "I only need my LDS for air" theory, only 1 or 2 things can happen:

1. LDS cannot sell enough AIR to stay in business and closes the shop.

2. LDS figures out that you NEED his air, and charges you about $50 per fill.

I am not about to get into the LDS vs. Internet debate on these forums, but it IS something to keep in mind.

Just my 2 cents,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom