Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle:
1. LDS cannot sell enough AIR to stay in business and closes the shop.

2. LDS figures out that you NEED his air, and charges you about $50 per fill.

Scott

Well, if No.2 happened, divers will start buying their own compressors, and while the quantity of compressors increases, their price will drop, then more divers will buy them and the price will drop more. :)

smay28:
Thanks Doc..
Nice to have a multi star member give the Triple L stuff the once over.. I'm convinced on the BC... Anyone looked over the 7mm suits?
I have not looked at the 7mm but wore the 5mm on Saturday. It was the first time that I wore a suit that thick. It does make you feel like the Michelin Man, but I was very comfortable and did not get the slightest chill. The quality of the stitching seems to be good although I am not an expert in that area.

As for the whole LDS discussion, let me share my perspective. I have 4 people in my family who dive or are starting to dive. As you all know this is a gear intensive sport with lots of additional costs for training, dive trips, misc. parts etc. We have 2 LDSs close to us that we deal with, and they have both done very well even without our BC and wetsuit business.

Consider that once 3 people are OW trained and 1 refreshed, buy flippers, masks, snorkels etc, as well as booking dive trips and AOW training... and the list goes on... there is lots of business to go around. As the father in a diving family, I welcome any opportunity to save a few dollars while still getting quality gear..... it let's us spend more on dive trips, additional training, and things like regulators that will be purchased locally. Just my perspective.

p.s. I promised someone some close up pics of the Orion. I have not had a chance to yet but will get to it.

Editor's note: MavJax did indeed look like the Michelin man. Since we were diving on race day, we had to stop several of the race teams from loading him up and taking him to Daytona to help out. :D

NetDoc:
Editor's note: MavJax did indeed look like the Michelin man. Since we were diving on race day, we had to stop several of the race teams from loading him up and taking him to Daytona to help out. :D

:):):)

NetDoc:

Look something like this?

JPBECK:
I know a little about this company. It is rumored that they are the company that makes the Zeagle product line. If you look closely at their Orion product it looks fairly identical to the Zeagle Concept with the exception of the single weight dump pull.
I just saw this post - sorry that I missed it the first time.

I can tell you with 100% honesty that Triple-L does NOT make Zeagle BCs! Zeagle BCs are made 100% in our factory in Zephyrhills, FL!!!

Scott

Titan8883:
Just ordered an orion BC and can't wait to try it out! I will post my first impressions along with some pics as soon as I can.

Cool beans!! Love the feedback..
Your dive log is kinda nifty too..

Keep us posted.. :D

For those of you that already have the Orion how about a usage/performance update? And for those of you that are just getting one more reviews/short takes would be appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom