Turquoise Bay, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nubiesan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know anything about this resort?

What about their boats? Are they the backward-roll type?

I didn't even know they were operational, yet. This could be very cool. Great location and they're using an excellent provider of dive services.

How do the boats work? Look at their website: http://turquoisebayresort.com/scuba_diving.htm

Just tried to dive with Subway watersports last week while staying on the South shore. Weather on the North side kept us from diving with Subway, but Gary and Jillian (one of the owners) were very helpful in trying to to help us out. Ended up diving with Coco View and those guys were awesome. I'm pretty sure the Turquoise bay boat had a deck on back, but it is a smaller boat. Subway usually has smaller groups.

I was at that bay a few days ago - its really a beautiful location.

Dive prices seem pretty high though, if you factor in renting a bcd and reg, or more.
Only tanks and weights are included in their prices.
For example 10 dives sounds good at @ 22 bucks a dive; but then add $27 a day to rent just a bcd and reg, say for 4 days, and you're paying almost $33 a dive.

Sure that's not expensive; but you can do 10 dives from west end dive shops with all rentals included for $20 a dive.

Damn I know Roatan spoiled me now. I better get my head back around to paying $50 plus for dives in cozumel this christmas!

Back
Top Bottom