Ugly Yellow Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Merlin*

Reaction score
I have gotten comfortable with my used, ugly yellow pros and thought I would upgrade to nice black pair. That is until my last dive trip to Desecheo Island in Puerto Rico. Both of my dive partners said they liked my yellow fins because I was real easy to pick out in the crowd. Looks like my up grade will be just a pair of bungie straps. And on the subject of straps. ALL of the pictures that were taken of me on this trip shows at least one of my straps not fastened around my heel. I never once felt like my fin\s were going to slip off. I am a true convert. I might just buy a second pair of black fins just because.

eh, keep the Yellows, for just the reason that you noticed. not to mention that some fish (trigger fish for example) and green sea turtles really seem to like them as well. I used to get schools of triggers following me in my yellows.

It just occured to me to ask "Why don't they slip off"? The first dive when I got to the ladder and took my fins off I though "boy I'm glad I diddn't loose a fin". But I had to tug the fin off my boot. I bet the straps are just for show, or because we always had straps. Was the foot pocket designed that way?

I bet the straps are just for show, or because we always had straps. Was the foot pocket designed that way?

yup. if you talk to Bob he'll tell you that the first generation of ForceFins didn't have straps at all, they were added because the straps are useful for shore diving when the surf could rip them off.

the name ForceFin actually came from a recommendation since they "Force" themselves onto your foot.

I have done many many dives without the straps at all, when I am boat diving I have found reaching down to pull them on is just extra risk with the waves rocking and all, so I just don't even bother, and of course once I am in the water I forget all about them and don't realize that I didn't have them on until I go to climb the ladder and take them off.

I love my Yello Pros!
They have been on many dives and even though I have other pair of Force Fins I won't ever get rid of these gems. I even hear talk of some new fins being sent to me and I will still use these fins. I should lock up my garage right now.
I am diving for some Sea Cucumbers for my Mother in Law tomorrow and if my Pros fit my drysuit I would use them out of solidarity to all who love yello Force Fins.

I have let all the boys try my PINK (not to confused with pink) ffs. Three have ordered their own pair. When one old boy ordered blue too small, he just ordered another pair and gave me his brand new ones! I LOVE these guys. So now, blue ff's priceless....

now you are making me want to buy me another pair since my "friend" borrow them about 5 years ago. I have a pair of Yellow Foils, but I prefer my Pro's, but then I am in love with the Lime Green Flying Force.

Lime Green Flying Force.

Sweet!!!

yup, check them out

DSC_0002_0015_edited-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom