unruly 7' hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Please excuse my ignorance but I am willing to ask dumb questions to further my knowledge, skills and equipment. I recently added a 7' hose to my primary second stage.I understand how the hose is supposed to be routed down the side, under the can light, across the chest, around the neck and into the mouth. My problem is I have everything except the can light and find the hose tends to float wherever it wants to. It is very unruly( kind of reminds me of my first child).I tried tucking it into my waist strap with little success. I do dive double 72's. Am I the first to ever have this problem? Anyone have a can light they would like to donate to a developing fellow diver (or possibly another inexpensive solution)?

Thanks

First of all, there are NO "dumb questions", just arrogant and stupid responses . . . sometimes.

Tuck some of it into your right shoulder strap.

I do wish someone would come out with a 6' Miflex hose !!!!!!

the K

I don't have a can light (yet), but have no trouble routing my 7' hose under my EMT shears holster in its place.

Posted via Mobile Device

when i dive OW, without a can light, i have no trouble with the hose when i tuck it

the trick is to tuck it into your harness AFTER you've routed it properly AND taken off extra slack. your waist strap should also be fitted properly so there's no slack in it.

so, basically, route the hose like you normally do but don't try to leave "room" for where the canister would be, then instead of letting it dangle in front of your chest, tuck it into your waist harness while keeping slack to a minimum

works really well IF you tighten the slack before tucking. you should have just a little bit of resistance if you turn your head to the left, but not too much ... i.e. it should not impede full head movement, but you should feel it tug

when i dive OW, without a can alight, i have no trouble with the hose

the trick is to tuck it into your harness AFTER you've routed it properly

so, basically, route the hose like you normally do, then instead of letting it dangle in front of your chest, tuck it into your waist harness

works really well

YOOOOO !!! Ain't that whut I say-ed????

the K

when i dive OW, without a can alight, i have no trouble with the hose

the trick is to tuck it into your harness AFTER you've routed it properly

so, basically, route the hose like you normally do, then instead of letting it dangle in front of your chest, tuck it into your waist harness

works really well

YOOOOO !!! Ain't that whut I say-ed????

K-opy K-at

the K

i think you said right shoulder strap

:)

i tuck it into my waist

i think you said right shoulder strap

:)

i tuck it into my waist

Yes, that strap which comes over the shoulder and down to the waist.

It provides more points of attachment and adjustment than does the waist strap.

the K

I tuck it in the waist strap as well. Never had any problems. Not sure what reg's your on, but for me I can use the mk25 down facing port so that it makes a nice clean run with no slack right to the wasit belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom