unruly 7' hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kind of reminds me of those fake car-phones you used to be able to buy so people would think you're important... LOL

Oh well. It's good for you and I'm glad you can profit from it but it does make me shake my head.... When will people learn. Skills issues should be solved by learning not by buying.

R..

Actually, I don't think it's a bad idea. It allows someone to get comfortable with diving a long hose, stowing and deploying it, without the task loading of managing the cord and lighthead of can light.

Some people need to master one step at a time.

Kind of reminds me of those fake car-phones you used to be able to buy so people would think you're important... LOL

Oh well. It's good for you and I'm glad you can profit from it but it does make me shake my head.... When will people learn.

It's a $15 part that I probably shouldn't bother with from a profit stand point. I make them because people asked me to do so.

Skills issues should be solved by learning not by buying.

A Halcyon pocket will also work quite nicely.

Did somebody give you that pocket?

Tobin

You can buy the pockets. I have a similar but smaller one from diverite.

R..

[edit]

It's a $15 part that I probably shouldn't bother with from a profit stand point. I make them because people asked me to do so.

I guess you could solve this just as easily by holding it in place with a billy-ring and one of those open sided octopus-holders. That would be cheaper than 15$ and you'd still have a spare billy-ring and an octopus holder once you figured out what you're doing wrong. :)

[/edit]

R..

some very good ideas. I'm a fairly creative guy and the fake canister never occurred to me. Tobin , I've read a lot of good things about you. I hope it wouldn't offend you if I made my own.

wow, this is a great place. Where else could a guy beg and grovel for a free can light and end up with an empty piece of pvc pipe. LOL

I don't use a light, but I have a decent and rather hefty knife there. Why waste the space?

I tend to usually have a can light, so use that to route the hose. When I don't carry a can light, I'll usually add a pair of shears to my right waist (in a sheath). Works well.

My wife during her OW class was given one of Tobin's can light "simulators". I think these are a wonderful teaching tool. Cheap and easy to use and mimic perfectly the placement of the canister. Now my wife uses a can light or shears if she doesn't take the light.

I didn't read the whole thread so if this is in here already, sorry. I use strips of two sided velco. One side has the "teeth" the other side the "pad", I just wrap it around whatever I want to secure, to whatever I want to secure it to, a little pressure and viola! No more slippage.

I use a DUI weight harness and the weight pouch on that side works just great when I am not carrying my can light.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom