unruly 7' hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

or you can run the loop under your dive reel it works good for me.

I would think that a lot of people using a Hogarthian setup may not have a D-ring on the right side to clip a reel off to.

Tobins little knife that comes with a kit works the same as a fake light.

Humm, not really.

The knife sheath is intended to be just to the left of the crotch strap.

A light canister, or canister simulator will be back next to the back plate on the right side.

While a knife, or pocket, or weight block can all be used to help hold a 7 ft hose in place, they are not the "same" as using a canister.

Teaching and developing the muscle memory associated with required motions to stow or free a 7 ft hose that's hooked under a canister can't be done with a knife sheath on the front left of the waist belt.

Tobin

Humm, not really.

The knife sheath is intended to be just to the left of the crotch strap.

A light canister, or canister simulator will be back next to the back plate on the right side.

While a knife, or pocket, or weight block can all be used to help hold a 7 ft hose in place, they are not the "same" as using a canister.

Teaching and developing the muscle memory associated with required motions to stow or free a 7 ft hose that's hooked under a canister can't be done with a knife sheath on the front left of the waist belt.

Tobin

Everybody doesn't do things the same Tobin. I wear my knife on my right and I loop my hose under it. So, yes to that effect, it does work the same as a Fake light.

Everybody doesn't do things the same Tobin. I wear my knife on my right and I loop my hose under it. So, yes to that effect, it does work the same as a Fake light.

And canisters DO come in a variety of sizes.

I have an old Oceanic Tiburon on my right hip.

Most of the commonly encountered current canisters are similar in size. There are exceptions of course, but very few new "Hogarthian" divers will be buying a Pro14 as their first can light.

Not entirely... I had an odd DiveRite 10w fixed head can light for a little while there that had this bizarre, short and stubby canister. I think they called it a "mini-wreck" canister? I think they discontinued it when they came out with the slimline canister (a good thing, IMO), but there are still a few floating around. I was certainly surprised when I bought it (used), not expecting what I ended up with. Darned thing couldn't hold a long hose for ****.

diverite10whidimg844020.jpg

That said, I'd still agree it's somewhat of an odd duck, and not the norm.

Personally, on the rare occasion that I don't have my can light, I just thread a pocket onto my belt. Worked very well at hooking the long hose. Very much like this (but I have a DiveRite pocket, XS Scuba makes some nice ones that I've seen for $25):

dir1.jpg

Most of the commonly encountered current canisters are similar in size. There are exceptions of course, but very few new "Hogarthian" divers will be buying a Pro14 as their first can light.

Tobin

Not entirely... I had an odd DiveRite 10w fixed head can light for a little while there that had this bizarre, short and stubby canister. I think they called it a "mini-wreck" canister? I think they discontinued it when they came out with the slimline canister (a good thing, IMO), but there are still a few floating around. I was certainly surprised when I bought it (used), not expecting what I ended up with. Darned thing couldn't hold a long hose for ****.
That said, I'd still agree it's somewhat of an odd duck, and not the norm.

Dude,

You managed to contradict yourself completely in a single paragraph.

Tobin

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom