Unvarnished truth can hurt but it’s still the truth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better be careful. An attraction in Branson is suing a reviewer for giving them a 3 star rating on TripAdvisor.

I would contend that a three star rating is all anything in Branson should get.

I would contend that a three star rating is all anything in Branson should get.
Can't imagine a place I would less like to visit, unless it's Orlando.

Can't imagine a place I would less like to visit, unless it's Orlando.

(sidebar)
I reserve my special one and two star ratings for Orlando and all things Disney-world. We took the kids there a little over a year ago and one thing I can say for sure, that for me personally, it is not the happiest place on Earth. In fact, I am pretty well certain it is not even the happiest place in that county.

(sidebar)
I reserve my special one and two star ratings for Orlando and all things Disney-world. We took the kids there a little over a year ago and one thing I can say for sure, that for me personally, it is not the happiest place on Earth. In fact, I am pretty well certain it is not even the happiest place in that county.
I agree.. politics in any business is bad juju. Especially a business like disney that is SUPPOSED to be all about innocence and kids.

I agree.. politics in any business is bad juju. Especially a business like disney that is SUPPOSED to be all about innocence and kids.
Are they political?

I didn't even mean politically....I just meant all things that were 6' rat related.

I wish I read about Utila being a no-see-um infested place before I went there. Got bitten up pretty bad by them there in 2008. No desire to repeat the visit, including similar place like Roatan.

They helped Erica Watson resolve her problem (that’s what I thought at least).

I think Undercurrent is a powerful voice for us diving consumers.

Erica had posted what happened to her on SB. It made for an interesting thread but not until UC picked up on the story and published it did the Aggressor folks step up and do something. It was because of how UC stepped in that I now subscribe to them.

I wish I read about Utila being a no-see-um infested place before I went there. Got bitten up pretty bad by them there in 2008. No desire to repeat the visit, including similar place like Roatan.
Avon Skin-so-Soft. They should sell it by the 55 gallon drum. I always though it was stupid not to report on the things that could be taken care of easily, like the no-see-ums. Going to a place where the no-see-ums are, no problem, take some skin so soft and slather it on. Don't hide it from your customers, who will get mad.

Reactions: Dan
Erica had posted what happened to her on SB. It made for an interesting thread but not until UC picked up on the story and published it did the Aggressor folks step up and do something. It was because of how UC stepped in that I now subscribe to them.
Dive operators hate ScubaBoard. They have respect for UC because it's edited, but none for ScubaBoard because anyone can say anything. It's good and bad to be edited, and it's good and bad to be unedited. I wouldn't allow reviews on Facebook because I got slammed with a bunch of one star reviews and was held hostage by the reviewer (who had never been on the boat, it's just a scam). I was relieved that reviews of dive boats aren't allowed on yelp or TripAdvisor. I had to learn on ScubaBoard to allow loyal fans to defend me, otherwise it's a dogpile.

SB has a reputation for dogpiling. It is what it is. SB is real divers doing real dives. They write what they see. UC has a reputation for fair and balanced. No one knows who Ben and Vanessa are. They have a reputation for not being gotten to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom