Upgrading equipment to DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
My copy is so old it is on 8.5X11 paper in a theme binder and doesn't have any pictures.

Same number of *robust*s though.

Sounds like some hardy paper.

Uncle Pug:
I have a small Q40 ziptied to the goodman handle of my HID
Hmmm - I should try this. Usually I just cover up most of the fisheye burner beam and let a small sliver through, but the Q40 is wimpy enough to probably be even more fisheye friendly. Does it get in the way of using the hand the light is in for other tasks?

Uncle Pug:
My copy is so old it is on 8.5X11 paper in a theme binder and doesn't have any pictures.
It's a picture of a diver donating his primary while also holding his 18 W HID in the same hand. This would most definitely blind the donee, but at least they wouldn't drown!

Also, page 126 shows a couple ice divers with scooters just starting their dives, with no discernable guideline. I'm not too sure I would ice dive without a guideline back to the only way out!

Jimmie

Uncle Pug:
Here is the photo you requested.

Don't worry about the reg.... when you read the book you will understand about the robust usage of robust in my previous robust post and remember that I was able to use robust five times in one robust sentence.

UP, my robust curiosity got the better of me and I just have to ask:
Why is the bolt snap secured with a tie wrap vs. cave line...is the tie wrap, um, robust enough?

u5agi:
Which do you think is a higher priority? The light or the regs?
I would start gettting the cheaper stuff first...Jet Fins, low volume mask, correct hoses, brass gauge, etc. I would personally get regs after that because they are like the backbone of a rig. Save up some cash and get a light later. (That's what I'll be getting next.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom