Vr3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was hashing out a big long reply to Aquatec but I changed my mind.... I guess I pi$$ed him off... ;-0

Sigh... It's just not worth the trouble...

You guys have fun playing with all your toys....

DSAO!!

Oh you haven't seen me PISSED OFF.

I was just having fun with you, beside i am in therapy for anger management. they said i should try out a chat board and discuss stuff i am passionate about, without the physical contact. this will help me deal with issues without hurting people like you

[just kidding, i'm not in therapy, anymore]

i do find it a trend for people with your background to just jump off the thread when the reasoning gets reasonable.

so i antisipated your response to be something along these lines ending in you not wanting to communicate any further.

It must be part of your DIR traing

Rule number 12b
if backed into a corner were logic outways what i tell you, then say something smartass and remove yourself from the conversation

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

OKaaaay.... hmmmm.... what are we arguing about here Doug?

Oh.... VR3? Computers rot your brain? :eek:ut:

maybe....i was just talking about VR3's and then WYTD brought up the rot you brain thing, and high jacked the thread.

I was having a good conversation with several others
padiscubapro, wreckwriter, johnathan, and a few others. it was informative and interesting until WYTD made his first post.

i am just responding, and also the others who made this interesting have left. so not much else to talk about

AquaTec once bubbled...
maybe....i was just talking about VR3's and then WYTD brought up the rot you brain thing, and high jacked the thread.
It isn't highjacked unless you let it get highjacked.

I have been following it and found it interesting. Actually I thought you were doing a good job too debating Rob... you just need to be patient.

If you've ever been deer hunting you know that it is always better not to rush at them waving your arms and yelling. :D

OK, first some background - I have a degree in Systems Analysis and the course included 2 years of sociology including subjects like fear of change. For the last 13 years have I been a systems programmer and designer.

The best use of computers is to take away the mundane and repetitious tasks and allow the user do more exciting stuff!

I think this applies both in business and in diving. Yes it may make doing some of the more mundane stuff slower as I said in a previous post but it does free you up to be more productive.

Wouldn't you rather be reliving the dive or planning where you might look next than cutting tables?

Jonathan

PUG
thats why i like you...you always have good points

I have to go out for the evening, so my patients will come in the form of abscents.

AquaTec once bubbled...

I was having a good conversation with several others
padiscubapro, wreckwriter, johnathan, and a few others. it was informative and interesting until WYTD made his first post.

I am just responding, and also the others who made this interesting have left. so not much else to talk about

I just ignored WDYT's post..

If he doesn't think his life is worth $1000 who are we to argue.. I feel you can't have too much safety.

He doesn't have the experience to understand the benefit.. I dive both ways.. If I know its a strict square profile tables are fine but when exploring an unknown site tables have to become a 3rd backup behind 2 computers which are unlikely to both fail... Tables are good to help you plan a worst case plan for how much gas you will need. If you start diving bubble models like VPM or RGBM ascent rate and run times are critical.. If you get delayed your tables are now useless.. They can now only be used as a general guide to get you to the surface and hope that you waited enough to cover the screw up. I'm not saying it can't be done, in fact so far only 1 computer supports RGBM, but it adds an added measure of safety(even if you have to fall back on a buhlmann alg.)... Plus how many of us get to decompress in a chamber or have one readily available anyway??

I have done dives that If I had to follow tables strictly I would have had to hang at least an hour more than I did.

He probably hasn't done dives in the 300ft range either when 5 minutes more can easily tack an extra 30 minutes of deco.. if your decent took longer than planned at least with a computer it adjusts for the delay and you can still do the dive without having to resort to the longer deco.. Longer deco isn't always better.. the longer you are in the water the greater chance something will happen.. I have been on dives where sharks started getting curious, the computer said it was ok to get out of the water.. I did.. My tables still had me hanging for some time..

I do alot of dive with repetetive profiles and I know what they are supposed to run like... watching the computer over these profiles gives you an intuitive way of seeing how you actions effect your obligation.. its a hell of a lot more enjoyable than just running profiles on a pc without doing it in real life.. most so called experienced divers I have met don't know how to control an ascent.. most think they are running it ok but in reality in the deep phase most are way to slow, and are usually to fast in the shallower stops. if you have a computer that tracks your profile you can analyze yourself and make corrections.. I too used to be a bit slow on my early ascents, but by constant analysis of my dives I know what I am really doing... with a bottom timer you have no tracking of your actual dive, the only thing you can say is I didn't get bent, but did the diver really execute the profile planned???

Just curious, what you guys use as back up computers? Another VR3 or something more conservative?

AquaTec once bubbled...
Oh you haven't seen me PISSED OFF.

I was just having fun with you, beside i am in therapy for anger management. they said i should try out a chat board and discuss stuff i am passionate about, without the physical contact. this will help me deal with issues without hurting people like you

>Ohh ohh, now I'm scared.... easy killer....

[just kidding, i'm not in therapy, anymore]

>I find that hard to believe

i do find it a trend for people with your background to just jump off the thread when the reasoning gets reasonable.

>you don't have the first clue what my background is or has your vast experience made you psychic as well??

so i antisipated your response to be something along these lines ending in you not wanting to communicate any further.

>Never argue with a fool. Someone watching may not be able to tell the difference

It must be part of your DIR traing

>what DIR training??

Rule number 12b
if backed into a corner were logic outways what i tell you, then say something smartass and remove yourself from the conversation

>backed into a corner huh? You should have posted "Coke Alert" on that one!

It's obvious that I hit a nerve with you and you're feeling the need to defend yourself... that's ok. My original post was not meant to inflame I was really amazed that someone would pay that much for somthing that even YOU ADMITTED was not necessary.

You think you're a great diver becasue you use a $1000 - $2000 computer to tell you the same thing I can do with NOTHING.... boy you ARE the smart one here..... what a moron I am... all along I could have been spending money on something that's not needed.... why didn't I think of that... ohh yeah, it's because I'm not experienced enough to see the benefit of something that's not needed....
:confused:

Also, I didn't mean to "hijack" the thread and now wish I'd not said anything (I certainly didn't mean to pi$$ anyone off so bad) so I'll leave you guys alone now. Note: I'm not running away and haven't been backed into a corne, I'm merely giving the thread back so whatever derrogatory comments Aquatec has about me so be it. I've got better things to do.

Wreckwriter: thanks for having a more civil dialog and not attacking me like Aquatec, I look forward to meeting you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom