want more hp ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonk999

Contributor
Reaction score
So I have an Aqualung Titan, and am now thinking of changing to one with 2 hp ports (wanna get a hoseless computer with a backup spg). Questions are:

1. Any comments on the Cousteau 1st stage?
2. Presumably, internal pressure is such that I could plug in my Titan LX 2nd stage, if I wanted?
3. I might consider some other manufacturers regulator, but am keen to continue using the Aqualung LPO octopus as I like the concept of a side-exhaust for that purpose; what other manufacturer's intermediate pressure is compatible with Aqualung's?
4. Related to #2, does anyone sell the 1st stage only? Methinks not.

TIA,
Simon

And P.S. to those asking about new equipment purchasing: this is a lesson -- I purchased the medium-end titan without considering its single hp port as a limitation, so now, upgrading for redundancy reasons (i.e. backup spg) means I gotta buy a new regulator.

hello simon, i too am a aqualung(us divers fan) i have been using a cousteau first stage with a artic second and i have had no problems thus far. i have been to the limits of recreational diving and it breathes the same as on the surface. my diving is mostly cold fresh water in the great lakes and in the spring and late fall the temps are in the high 30's and low 40's and have not had a problem. here in michigan i have found dive shops that will sell you just a first stage or they will mix and match any first and second stage. reliable shops will flow test your regs to make them flow to their best. i recently purchased a usd sea4 first stage and the LDS recommended using the apex tx50 with it. they put it on a bench and last weekend i used it at 120ft. on the wreck of the Monrovia in THUNDER BAY UNDERWATER PRESERVE and it worked flawlessly. if you look hard enough you will find what you are looking for. hope my input helps out. sam

I don't think you can order a first stage separately from AquaLung (at least, it isn't in their dealer catalog) but your shop might break up a reg system. There is usually someone that needs just a second stage eventually.

If they won't do this, I know Scubapro sells 1st stages by themselves. Your shop might have to break up a system, but they can order a replacement second stage a little easier. And LPOs do connect with Scubapro 1st stages with NO problem. In fact, I think most major manufacturers now have standard size ports and you can mix and match as much as you want.

Find them while you can, or look for them second hand. The Cousteau (my favorite first) has been discontinued. Sad but true. ;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom