Warped Dive World Evolution - BP/W Subgroup Mindset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a shameful list to be on, but I'm going to post just one more time. It seems right that there should be someone with 14 posts.
halemanō;5856485:
I would really love to get a summary of Moderation / non-Moderation for this thread. I would really be surprised if there weren't many "troll" reports with regards to my OP; yet "there it is!" :D

That is the double digit posters list for this thread, at this time. I think it would be very entertaining if SB Staff would let us know how many posts each member had deleted from this thread, how many posts each member had Moderated but not deleted and how many posts were reported but not Moderated. :coffee:

I am not saying I would never buy a BP/W. I will say that all the bravado concerning the BP/W in this, all the other BP/W threads on this board and the fact I have never actually seen one except for pictures and in a dive shop, keeps me from seriously considering one. (yes believe it or not I was shown a BP/W at my LDS prior to buying my first set of gear)

Tobin may be the master of getting people outfitted in BP/W but I find some of his comments in this forum abrasive and borderline on offensive.

However, I enjoy reading a good train wreck so I always follow along.

Whether or not you like Tobin personally, why would that put you off from buying a backplate? That's like saying because you don't like Hyundai, you will never buy a car.

Whether or not you like Tobin personally, why would that put you off from buying a backplate? That's like saying because you don't like Hyundai, you will never buy a car.

The post was in reference to an earlier one about Halemano being responsible for more BP/W sales than Tobin. I might like him in person, it isn't personal because I have never met him, I just don't care for his internet persona. I am sure he couldn't care less about my opinion, which makes me feel the same about his opinion.

As for buying a car, any car. If I don't like the dealer I don't care what brand it is I won't buy it from them. As for not buying BP/W, I explained that in the first part of the post. I didn't say I wouldn't, I just said all the BP/W bravado on this board makes it tough for me to consider it.

I still like a good train wreck though, very entertaining.

Can you cite an example of my BP&W bravado?

Tobin

I didn't say I found your posts filled with bravado, I stated that I found some of them to be borderline offensive. I also find some of your posts to be helpful. I sometimes just don't care for the delivery.

Some people find my delivery offensive too.

halemanō;5853379:
For the record the only posts I have "reported" are back early when Tortuga68 was speed spamming serious garbage. I personally would have preferred that all the vicious mud slinging had not been cleaned out

So... don't report the posts?

I recently had a post deleted from a different thread, and I was notified. If that's SOP...

It's not. Or not always anyway

BTW I would like to formally request that the :idk: smiley be renamed :halemano:

I thought that the :deadhorse: and :troll: emitcons had been remaned :halemano1: and :halemano2:

Edit 1: BTW did you count that by hand? Or is there some thread stats feature I'm unaware of? Just curious.

If you go to where the thread title is displayed (in the forum), and click on the total number of replies, it displays the list Halemano posted ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

halemanō;5856485:
I would really love to get a summary of Moderation / non-Moderation for this thread. I would really be surprised if there weren't many "troll" reports with regards to my OP; yet "there it is!" :D

That is the double digit posters list for this thread, at this time. I think it would be very entertaining if SB Staff would let us know how many posts each member had deleted from this thread, how many posts each member had Moderated but not deleted and how many posts were reported but not Moderated. :coffee:

Who cares? If you act like an adult and moderate yourself, then the SB staff won't have to. And if you can't do that, then you shouldn't complain about it when your posts get moderated. That's a rhetorical "you" ... because it applies to all of us, myself included (especially myself, since I get moderated too).

Some of us feel strongly about certain topics ... enough so that we get a little "temperamental" from time to time ... that ain't the mods fault. They've got a job to do, and shouldn't be criticized for your (and my) lack of self-restraint.

For the most part, I think the moderator staff is showing more good judgment nowadays than they have in the past ... and I think those of us who get moderated pretty much know when we create those posts that we deserve it ... so let's just own the responsibility for putting them in a position where they have to ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom