Wednesday's pickie - and not a drop of water to be seen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I knew I was in for it ....... Touche' ..... Bacon anyone :teeth:

Actually, that picture is off the Belize photo gallery on my web site. The image is entitled "Mother-in-Law"!!!!

Does the wife (rather the MIL) know about that photo ??!!!???!!!!

:banana: :appls:

Does the wife (rather the MIL) know about that photo ??!!!???!!!!

Of course not! My MIL does not even know what the internet is, so the chances of her having seen that picture are 0!

I tried calling you yesterday; the first thing I was going to say was Snort Snort on the phone - see if you knew who it was. May have foxed you as usually I say "Hello, handsome man. You want om-e-let? Ooooo, seems like a nice boy." But your answer machine was switched off and no one was at home.

C'est la vie, as they say in Iraq!

OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO :wacko:

Sorry I missed your call....But matey said the machine was on .....Hmmmm wonder who you called ????

Didnt matter as I wasnst home anyhow...... Need to catch up soon ...... things are moving at warp speed :)

How about that snake encirciling the whole main complex? Pretty cool huh? Or the bridges with all the guys holding the rope churning the Milky Way? Pretty amazing stuff, wish I could go.

Sorry I missed your call....But matey said the machine was on .....Hmmmm wonder who you called ????
It was indeed a tragedy to miss you. I will try and call you today, unless of course you are too busy to talk to your old pal. ;-0

How about that snake encirciling the whole main complex? Pretty cool huh? Or the bridges with all the guys holding the rope churning the Milky Way? Pretty amazing stuff, wish I could go.

Indeed, John, but I think you are mistaken with respect to the snake circling the whole complex. There is a freize that goes around all 4 sides of the main central structure at Angkor Wat which depicts the legends of Hindu. It is the largest carved frieze in the world, if I am not mistaken.

frieze.jpg

And then there are the chaps holding the snakes on the bridge churning the Sea of Milk.

bridge.jpg

The Bayon is still the most beautiful building there, IMHO, though it is not the largest.

Much as I would love to go back, I am worried that so much has been destroyed in the 9 years or so since I was there. I know carvings were being hacked off even then, but it would be a shame to see the whole place ruined.

Anyway, come the Islamic Revolution the whole place would have to be bulldozed! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom