Weight/housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelBaranows

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going on a trip to Grand Cayman new week and this will be my first time traveling with a video housing. about 6 months ago I got a Ocean Image housing that has a removable weight. I will being carrying my camera and housing onboard and was wondering if I should place the weight for me camera in my checked bag.

I am going on a trip to Grand Cayman new week and this will be my first time traveling with a video housing. about 6 months ago I got a Ocean Image housing that has a removable weight. I will being carrying my camera and housing onboard and was wondering if I should place the weight for me camera in my checked bag.

Hey,

I do alot of traveling with my video gear and if you can carry it on thats best. I mean your dive gear alone is about 50lbs so the less weight in your checked baggage the better, that way you have more weight for other things like clothes!

Have fun and bring back some good video!!!

Buy a pair of cargo paints.
So far they don't weigh YOU, just your bags. I put all the heavy stuff in my pockets.
Going through the check points sucks "empty your pockets sir"

Buy a pair of cargo paints.
So far they don't weigh YOU, just your bags. I put all the heavy stuff in my pockets.
Going through the check points sucks "empty your pockets sir"

A photographers vest works well too. Plenty of room for other stuff as well, like book, medicines, travel documents, etc..

I like the Scott eVest Tactical System (though most of their products are pretty impressive). It's modular and can carry an obscene amount. I've packed it with a laptop, pro dslr body and a pair of tele lenses, when necessary...

I used to use a Columbia backpack and a checked bag for my traveling. The weights for my housing were putting my checked over the 50 pound limit, and I would have had an additional charge of $25, so I put the weights in my backpack. This could be as much as another 5 or 6 pounds.

I prefer traveling with a backpack as it keeps my hands free, but besides the housing weights, there is just too much essentials in there too. That is why I bought the Akona Carry-on Roller.

I like the Scott eVest Tactical System (though most of their products are pretty impressive). It's modular and can carry an obscene amount. I've packed it with a laptop, pro dslr body and a pair of tele lenses, when necessary...

What a neat site. I just ordered one of their travel vests ... of course with 20+ compartments I'll never remember which pocket I put stuff in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom