What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regularly showing up to my only local dive centre for the 9am dive on a Saturday morning, but only getting into the RIB 3 hours later after everyone has had much deliberation about absolutely nothing. I wish they could just give me an accurate time so I wouldnt waste 5 hours for a 50 minute dive :shakehead:

For me, its the endless my agency is better than yours.

Another, that I can't dive more often right now.

Dive boats that leave at 8am. If I'm on vacation I don't want to get out of bed at 7:30 and rush to go catch a dive boat. I want to get up around 8:30, take a shower, have cofee and breakfast and leisurely head down for a 10 am departure. I'm on a vacation schedule, not a weekday work schedule!

Divers that I have never met before (and probably never will again) who feel the need to share their political views or religious beliefs.

Good one! :clapping: How about those who feel the need to tell you your gear is wrong, or shouldn't be that way?

Not talking about helpfully pointing out a problem, but the ones that say things like "you shouldn't have a snap connected with a zip tie."

Dive boats that leave at 8am. If I'm on vacation I don't want to get out of bed at 7:30 and rush to go catch a dive boat. I want to get up around 8:30, take a shower, have cofee and breakfast and leisurely head down for a 10 am departure. I'm on a vacation schedule, not a weekday work schedule!

While it's pretty difficult to get in two trips a day with a late start I think a charter that
decides to run just one trip per day with a 10:00 start would do very well. Maybe even
a 10:00 start monday thru friday and resume the early start for weekend two trip days.
Mild (?) pet peeve, divers not leaving a space between my geared up tank and theirs,
when possible.

the ones that say things like "you shouldn't have a snap connected with a zip tie."

Gulp, I shouldn't? Buty then according to some I shouldn't be able to dive with the kit I have, now should I? Of course some say a bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. Tee hee.

when my dive buddy takes 45 min to gear up and ive been in the water for 30 min trying to stay cool. its not rocket science people! Its the same gear that you donned 3 times already today.

(and no babe, this is not directed to you :wink:)

I'm going to have to say working to pay for diving. So far not much about diving that actually irritates me. Puking off a boat isn't fun though. I guess I'd also be happier if my spouse was a diver.

Reactions: Jax
Another peeve, although not directed AT anybody, is that for every hour of diving off our boat, the boat needs at least two hours of cleaning and sorting -- and although our friends are wonderful about offering money for gas, and helping load and unload, when it's cleaning time, it's a faceoff just between me and the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom