What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting geared up in the woolies and drysuit in 90 deg. summer weather. Hitting that cold water is such a relief.

A little tip for ya ... during the warmer months, bring a jug of cold water. As soon as you're zipped up in your drysuit, dump it over your head and suit. Evaporation will cool you down while you finish gearing up.

During cooler months, bring warm water for after the dive. As soon as you're out of your rig and before you unzip the drysuit, pull off your hood (leave your gloves on) and dump it over your head and suit ... you'll get instant "cold" relief ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The person on the boat who, when everyone is ready to splash, says "has anyone seen a yellow mask". Get your mother to come on the boat or learn to take care of your own crap.

Being cold, not necessarily in water, just cold in general, sux. So, being submerged in coldness really sux.

The person on the boat who, when everyone is ready to splash, says "has anyone seen a yellow mask". Get your mother to come on the boat or learn to take care of your own crap........

"it's on the piano" is always a good reply

This is a pretty amazing question. I mean, if something about diving can piss someone off, how do they handle everyday life?

Apparently you've never dived with idiots who were roto-tilling the bottom and grabbing or kicking everything and everyone around them. That sh!t pisses me off.

Whats the deal with this camera tank anyway? Seriously I have no clue, ......

Chemicals and detergents in anti-fog can damage seals on the camera housing. That is why they make a general statement that nothing but camera gear goes into the camera bucket.

Another one I wasn't too happy with. I have a Sealife camera, but no strobes yet. I am a new diver and need to focus on my buoyancy right now more than handling a big camera. So I have my little sealife that I can take pictures, and put it in my pocket if I feel overwhelmed or that I need to practice my own skills. It helps as a new diver. When I did my ocean dives, I rinsed this camera in the camera bucket. Nothing else. Just the camera in the housing. Another diver who had one of those huge clear cameras with 2 strobes, etc, acted completely disgusted I did that and told me it was only for real camera equipment. Real?! I used the hose and rinsed it off on later dives. Perhaps I missed something but this felt kinda rude to me. I thought the camera bucket was for cameras...

Another one I wasn't too happy with. I have a Sealife camera, but no strobes yet. I am a new diver and need to focus on my buoyancy right now more than handling a big camera. So I have my little sealife that I can take pictures, and put it in my pocket if I feel overwhelmed or that I need to practice my own skills. It helps as a new diver. When I did my ocean dives, I rinsed this camera in the camera bucket. Nothing else. Just the camera in the housing. Another diver who had one of those huge clear cameras with 2 strobes, etc, acted completely disgusted I did that and told me it was only for real camera equipment. Real?! I used the hose and rinsed it off on later dives. Perhaps I missed something but this felt kinda rude to me. I thought the camera bucket was for cameras...

He or she was a jerk and that attitude is uncalled for. You did the right thing.

Just think of that photographer as one of those folks with a fancy car who objects to allowing us commoners to park our lesser vehicles next to theirs.

Next time, put your camera in the camera bucket. (It's not the "fancy, expensive camera bucket.")

Back
Top Bottom