What happens if I need to do this underwater, silly ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EZHOOPS:
OK, just a very silly question but a good one I think.
I'm a new diver and what happens each of these 2 scenarios

1. What if I'm diving and at about 40 ft and suddenly I feel like I need to vomit?

What do I do?

Go for it.

The exahust port on your reg has a higher capacity than your throat. Once you're done, you might want to rinse your mouth, then switch to your alternate and rinse your primary.

2. Again 40 ft and I have a sudden bowel attack and I need to go #2 immediately cannot wait to surface?
what do I do?

Sorry, that wasn't covered in any of my class material . . .

Terry

The best way to prevent #2 is to pregame with Imodium AD if you feel any rumbling in your gut that seems like it might lead to an untimely evacuation. Try to take it an hour or more before getting in the water. That should shut your system long enough to get your dives in without having to "manuever".

My dive medicine bag always includes: sun tan lotion, Sudafed, Imodium AD and Advil. Fortunately, I haven't ever had to use all them on the same day...... yet.

I've technicolor yodeled through my reg before. It's wierd, but not undoable. The worst part is breathing in right after. The air tastes like vomit... nasty...

I found out later that this is not the proper procedure though. The proper procedure is to signal to your buddy with the "out of air" sign. Puke through their reg, then give it back once you feel better. That's what a buddy's for!! hehe
Jason

EZHOOPS:
Thanks, I guess the basic answer is " you do what you have to do, even if its #2"
Keep our oceans, lakes, rivers and ponds clean for future divers to enjoy.

Your message and your sig line don't really go together... ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom