What is scuba diving's orange shovel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have so many dive tshirts I have no room left for more. Not that this usually stops me.

clem:
ANY "snorkeling" snorkel with the monster "dry valve"on top. What is up with that and WHY do dive shop stores sell it?

See above.

(that will be $59.99 at the counter, you n00b...)

---
Ken

Every patch of advanced certification and association emblazoned on the dive bag. A full on DIR set up enwrapping a body at least 100 lbs overweight. Who's kidding whom? A tank banger is a small sin by comparison.

Mo2vation:
--snip--

Get the pink hose wraps WITH the matching pink hose protecters and you're Mack Daddy rollin' VIP

--snip--
Ken

"If ya need a sugar daddy baby I'm the MACK and if ya need a dolla holla cuz I gotta whoooole stack" ---sick commercial!

Where's my Tusa catalog???:D

I'm a new diver and so far I haven't found my orange shovel, but then again, how would I know what it was.....:rofl3:

Lehmann108:
I'm a new diver and so far I haven't found my orange shovel, but then again, how would I know what it was.....:rofl3:

There's actually a PADI Specialty being created as we speak!:rofl3:

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Orange Shovel is used to dig a hole to deposit your human waste, correct? If that is the case, I cant think of anything in SCUBA that truly compares to that. You WILL NOT DIE if you dont dig your hole. However, the truly required gear in SCUBA is there to allow you to survive underwater (an environment that is not usually human friendly :eyebrow: ). Sure there is gear that goes beyond that, but it has to be critically chosen by each diver because of vaying dive styles, environments, and comfort levels.

BTW, I am in the same situation. I am just now getting my basic OW cert and am po'. So I am also looking to avoid the unnecessary equipment purchases. But for me its more about trying to determine where I'll be diving mostly until I can afford more equipment.

I suppose it just depends on you. For example, my instructor says he carries at least 2 dive knives with him on all dives. I collect knives and doubt that I will be carrying more than one. It's just his comfort factor......he wants to be prepared for anything and everything. I am more minimalist. I dont think either is truly wrong. :D

"But thats just my opinion....I could be wrong"
-Dennis Miller

Why is wearing a dive shirt lame? I have dive flag on my truck tow hitch. I also have a couple of shirts that I thought were cool. I always enjoy seeing a dive flag because I feel like I'm part of the same club. Who cares how many dives somebody does a year?

Lehmann108:

1. Put on all your gear. Anything that can't be worn should be laid out in front of you so it is visible and identifiable.
2. Have someone take a photo of you in/with said gear.
3. Post on Scubaboard- Title "Did I make good choices in gear?"
4. Grab large amounts of food and beverages (just no Kool-aid :wink: ) so you can read the 200+ posts on everything wrong with what you chose. Slight breaks will be had when posters will argue among themselves about how bad the choice was. :popcorn:
5. Be prepared for someone to tell you several of the items you chose are so bad "You're Gonna Die!"
6. Go dive in your gear, and live to tell about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom