What is the cost of a DIR drysuit with all accessories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the responses, all. I appreciate it.

What accessories are recommended?
2 pockets and a pee valve. Personally I would suggest socks with soles on the bottom of them so you don't have to deal with boots over the socks, and you don't have to deal with hard boots on the suit that can trap gas.

Front zip is preferred to back zip because the back zipper can make it harder to reach valves due to how stiff it is. Also if you're ever in need of first aide at the surface, it's easier for medics to gain access to your body in a front zip. The way the front zip's telescope to fit your height will also make it easier to find one that fits.

Thanks for the responses, all. I appreciate it.

What accessories are recommended?

As stated, pockets and a p-valve. If you don't plan on diving the suit full time (ie sometimes drysuit, sometimes wetsuit), X-Shorts are a great tool that let me swap everything over between my different suits (shorty, fullsuit, and drysuit, and even nothing if I choose) and if you are doing short dives/have good bladder control then the p-valve can wait if necessary.

Also, you didn't state exactly where you are diving, so will you be needing drygloves?

Peace,
Greg

About $800 for a MTM suit.

Seaskin are building quite a following here, but they will also ship to the colonies :wink:

For many. I personally prefer zipper. That said will do zipper or velcro on the HOG or EDGE drysuit(whatever the cust wants)

Hope this isn't a hijack. Your suits look nice, will you also do two pockets?

How about a DUI Turbo type sole instead of boots?

Thanks

Anyone have experience / opinions with either the Fusion, Pinnacle Evolution 2, Whites Nexus suits?
I'm in the market for one now, leaning more towards the Pinnacle drysuit. I like the TLS 350, but not too enamored with the cost....

my evo 2 is ok. would trade it for something lighter though

I have a Fusion that's three years old. I really like the suit for the lightness, the mobility, and the somewhat surprising durability. I have the Lycra skin, which is responsible for the lightness and the quick drying, but also creates one of the biggest issues with the suit, which is pockets. I use X-shorts, but you CAN forget them, and they aren't really ideal for the DIR approach to things.

I also could find no footgear solution that pleased me, so I put Turbosoles on the suit.

So I have, in a way, a FrankenFusion, but I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom