What is your favorite dive destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've been to Byron Bay, Australia, to Maui, to Indonesia, to the BVI, to Cozumel, to LA, to Monterey, up into Canada, and of course my native Puget Sound waters.

I've have to say that still, the diving at Byron Bay takes it. Huge schools of fish, and such a wild variety of creatures of all sorts. But second to that would be the diving we did in Los Angeles. Catalina and Anacapa were fantastically colorful and rich with life, and the oil rigs were straight out of a science fiction movie.

And then there are the cenotes . . . :)

My Back yard.. ok well about a 5 min drive away but shallow site 20 - 60 ft at the very point most less than 30 some of the greatest variety of creatures and crtiters on the island all day beach diving right in front of a hotel

Philippines, economically still the best Tropical Reefs and Wreck Diving for the US Dollar (which btw, is doing pretty lame everywhere else in the World). . .

Where on Kona? I must have been there on a bad day. I thought Maui was way better. Monterey with good viz is better still. A bit cold.

It's tough to get a handle on any place in one day of diving. That said, Kona and Maui both have their plusses. Neither can compare in exoticness of some of the dives further west and south, but for the good ol' USofA they're both pretty good.

I'd love to try Canada some time. I had a pretty good day of diving off Monterey the one day I was there, and I've had an exceptional day off the Oregon Coast on a day with great viz. Cold water can be pretty spectacular.

I'm thrilled just to get the opportunity to get out and dive...
Howevuh... if I had to chose... Roatan (unless you include the hassle getting there)

Dude: You are in Atlanta and Delta flys non-stop to Roatan from there. How hard can it be?

vanuatu for me :multi:

about to make trip # 4 or 5 there for christmas... and still have dive sites/islands i havent seen yet!!

My fav so far is Bonaire. I'm looking forward to exploring other places. But I'll definitely be going back to Bonaire.

Back
Top Bottom