What one brand for the rest of your life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you asking being serious wanting to know or just being your usual self for argument sake as you always do? I can certainly answer you if you are genuine about wanting to know but I won't if you are just looking to get into a disrespectful tit-for-tat argument.
I'm asking seriously. The only thing that supports this is the idea that a company needing to consolidate all equipment in a single purchase to eliminate multiple shipping costs. I question if this is practical, but I won't claim that it isn't impossible.

Yep, that's a consideration for me. I need +2 for each side but not sure if using a +3 is OK just for extra magnification. Do you know?
I had noticed I was looking through my stick on readers to make out eneraldetails,the +1.5 is less than I use as reading glasses so it’s just something you have to try but if you use 2 for dry land readers I think 1.5 may work well for you too.

Perhaps in the US they don't since the market thre is saturated with Tank and valve suppliers

AFAIK, XS-Scuba is the only manufacturer in the US for tanks and valves. More precisely, they are distributors of tanks made by others, import some valves, and subcontract other valves of their design to be forged and machined.

Maybe others can confirm this, but I understand that most manufacturers in the US stopped selling tanks and valves because the profit margins were so small.

I think only manufacturers meets with the requirements will be either Dive Rite or Poseidon (not sure).

I would pick Dive Rite any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I think also Dive systems have a complete lineup. Including computers.

I today mostly have everything I need from the US Divers Aqua Lung catalog from 1968 to be completely outfitted, this was the year of my certification. When I was 14 I had all this Nemrod junk and was insanely jealous of my next door neighbor who was 16 and had cool Voit gear. Once in time, "when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars then peace will guide the planets and I will be a Voit Diver like him.

There is the real thing and then there are copies of the real thing:

The real thing:

Nemrod

cool Voit gear
I had all "AMF Voit" when I started out in early 70's. Had a Nemrod speargun and then Mares guns and equipment. Details are hazy for me now, but didn't AMF Voit morph into Mares at some point in the 70's?

All the other folks have already talked about the fact that not every manufacture makes everything. But Ok, I'll play. Deep6. Amazing products and service and a great price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom