What to do to keep from going insane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working on it. I am posting everywhere trying to find a good buddy that is close or at least drives past my area.

In the meantime I have all you crazies to hang out with!

Just get your dive gear and stand on the side of the road with a sign that says "I Will Dive For Food." They will think they will getting lobster and scallops if they give you a ride.

When I was thinking about diving out of Manhattan without a car I offered to pay for all the gasoline involved, which I thought would be a great deal for me. The one instructor I mentioned it to, immediately said "you're with me" and there was a lot of interest from others.

Just get your dive gear and stand on the side of the road with a sign that says "I Will Dive For Food." They will think they will getting lobster and scallops if they give you a ride.

Getting home again might be tricky.... LOL

Go find a dive shop and tell them you will work your butt off for training and a chance to dive. Begging and hoping for miracles won't cut it.

The Deep6 dry bag isn't big enough for a full set of gear unfortunately. Sweet bag for regs and odds and ends but not a full wetsuit

My drysuit or wetsuit fit in there along with booties and a wing. It is pretty damn big. I can do pictures if'n ya like..

Rent a car for a day or weekend. Just looking online you can get a car for a day from Avis for like $30 in your area. That's less than I pay in gas to drive to dive sites most of the time.

Car rentals usually don't include insurance and if you don't own a car, you may need to double that price to get their insurance. FWIW.

Surely California has Uber and Lyft and if you got a couple of dry bags, or some 3-50 gallon contractor grade plastic bags to keep all your messy gear off their cars, they'd be happy to haul you. Lyft drivers especially, since they can keep TIP money and that's worth a tip. Especially if you ask them "come back in two hours" and they show up again!

I have been working to recruit new divers daily!! I have been spending a lot of time at home and I think I need to get out and meet new friends...one with a boat would be great! LOL

No, I know where to dive however getting to said dive sites is an issue as is what to do when I can't dive but also am unable to stop thinking about diving.

I am going to be posting an ad on CL for a dive buddy too. Come hell or high water I will find someone as addicted to diving as I am,.

Ah I got it. That's like being in a band and trying to find a drummer. The first question you ask is "Do you have a van." :D

Car rentals usually don't include insurance and if you don't own a car, you may need to double that price to get their insurance. FWIW.
Good point, I TOTALLY didn't even think about that!

Surely California has Uber and Lyft and if you got a couple of dry bags, or some 3-50 gallon contractor grade plastic bags to keep all your messy gear off their cars, they'd be happy to haul you. Lyft drivers especially, since they can keep TIP money and that's worth a tip. Especially if you ask them "come back in two hours" and they show up again!

Or just tell Uber to come back in three hours instead and by then the stuff with be dry :)

I've used Uber to and from the airport and it worked out quite well. My luggage was full of dive gear (no tanks) but of course it was dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom