What to do to keep from going insane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know many live in places where diving all year isn't an easy option due to extreme temp changes so how do you do it?
Drysuit.

Don't be ridiculous! Who can afford an Italian bike AND scuba diving?!?! :wink:

Right? I can barely afford Scuba AND food. LOL

The Deep6 dry bag isn't big enough for a full set of gear unfortunately. Sweet bag for regs and odds and ends but not a full wetsuit

The Deep6 dry bag isn't big enough for a full set of gear unfortunately. Sweet bag for regs and odds and ends but not a full wetsuit

I had a feeling it wouldn't be big enough when I saw the description state it was good for a change of clothes. Not keen on taking the bus anyway as it will add about 4 additional hours to my dive day but at this point working on my skills is what is most important.

Need to get more comfortable so I can spend more than 25 minutes on a dive (AIR HOG)

If I could sell my ex-wife, the second one, I would just pack up and head out your way however as of yet there have not been any takers. :eek:

I don't have a car (working on getting my passport and funds together so I can leave the country) so getting to and from dive sites can be difficult at best here in Southern California and I do not have a dive buddy who I can partner with. There also isn't a local pool to practice in that is close to me.

For those of you that can't dive daily or even monthly for that matter, how do you keep from making yourself crazy? I know many live in places where diving all year isn't an easy option due to extreme temp changes so how do you do it? What keeps you from losing it when all you really want to do is go dive?

When I was 16 I lived in Carson and didn't have a car and managed to go diving 2-3 times a week. If you can't find a buddy with a car at a dive club then perhaps you can recruit new divers, such as I did. I also met other divers at the beach, some of whom needed a buddy. I even had a neighbor who had a friend with a very nice boat and a mooring at Avalon who needed a buddy.

When I was 16 I lived in Carson and didn't have a car and managed to go diving 2-3 times a week. If you can't find a buddy with a car at a dive club then perhaps you can recruit new divers, such as I did. I also met other divers at the beach, some of whom needed a buddy. I even had a neighbor who had a friend with a very nice boat and a mooring at Avalon who needed a buddy.

I have been working to recruit new divers daily!! I have been spending a lot of time at home and I think I need to get out and meet new friends...one with a boat would be great! LOL

You live in so-cal and can't find anywhere to dive?

No, I know where to dive however getting to said dive sites is an issue as is what to do when I can't dive but also am unable to stop thinking about diving.

I am going to be posting an ad on CL for a dive buddy too. Come hell or high water I will find someone as addicted to diving as I am,.

I have been working to recruit new divers daily!! I have been spending a lot of time at home and I think I need to get out and meet new friends...one with a boat would be great! LOL

No, I know where to dive however getting to said dive sites is an issue as is what to do when I can't dive but also am unable to stop thinking about diving.

I am going to be posting an ad on CL for a dive buddy too. Come hell or high water I will find someone as addicted to diving as I am,.

They are out there. You just need to find the one who is driving past you on the way to the beach.

They are out there. You just need to find the one who is driving past you on the way to the beach.

Working on it. I am posting everywhere trying to find a good buddy that is close or at least drives past my area.

In the meantime I have all you crazies to hang out with!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom