What wetsuit for Curaçao in september?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if bringing a thinner suit is the only option you can also simply add a hood for more warmth. amazing how much difference a hood can make.

+1. Excellent call. And, it doesn't necessarily have to be a full hood. I'm not a big fan of hoods but, I do use a beanie from time to time. With the beanie and a pair of gloves, I can comfortably dive in the low 60°Fs (59°F is my lowest with the 3mm, beanie and gloves).

Without the beanie and gloves, anything below 70°F is difficult for me to tolerate for more than 30 minutes.

Every diver is different ... And the longer you dive the more used too it you get.. I know diving the cold lakes of Maine in a 7mm farmer john and hood / Gloves feels warm after mid summer and the water starts gets in the high 60's.. Last week we left the gloves and the 7mm hood in the boat for the second dive... I have found that there is no rule of thumb to follow in what wet suit to wear...

Jim..

Edit to add... I'd rather be warm and flood some water into my suit than be cold...

September is at it's peak of hurricane season in the Caribbean and although Curacao being out of the hurricane belt we do get rain coming through. I tend to dive in a 2.5mm shorty but preferring a rashie and boardies if the weather is, as it should be, sunny! If, however, it starts raining on one of your dive days, then it starts to get a wee bit chilly till the sun returns. Hope this helps your decision making and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom