what will all you DMs and instructors do now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the new law states that on a Tourist Visa you will have a maximum of 90 days stay IE a 60 day visa and an extension on 30 days..you then have to leave the country for 90 days.
Not correct.

The new law states that on a visa on arrival/visa exempt, you will have a maximum of 45/90 days, i.e. 15/30 days for the first entry, with a maximum of 2 extensions for visa on arrival/visa exempt. After you have used your maximum stay, you are not allowed entry for 90 days.
With a tourist visa, you have the normal stay as granted by that visa, and these visas can be renewed indefinately, so no limitation of stay with one of those. However, thse visas can be extended in Thailand, renewal (or better, apply for a new visa) has to be done outside of Thailand.

bubblemonkey:
.......and you dont pay a bribe, righto mate now try doing that in malaysia LOL

I think what you said wasn't funny and very clearly you have confustion about visa application at home and visa on arrival.

I already have 2 X 60 days visa chopped into my passport and i can extend each for 30 days extra. Believe it or leave it

I renew once a year and don't have to leave the country. Married with kids and with a work permit.

hey on the spot how difficult is it to get a work visa, say from malaysia or manilla?

I will be arriving in January and staying for aproxomaely 40 days. Can I get an extention on 30 day visa when I arrive or do I have to do something else? Thanks for any help.

mase:
I will be arriving in January and staying for aproxomaely 40 days. Can I get an extention on 30 day visa when I arrive or do I have to do something else? Thanks for any help.

from what I can work out you would be better getting a 60 visa in advance.

Thanks for your help. I will be applying for Visa on line.

Diver_City Boys:
I think what you said wasn't funny and very clearly you have confustion about visa application at home and visa on arrival.

I already have 2 X 60 days visa chopped into my passport and i can extend each for 30 days extra. Believe it or leave it

I wasnt trying to be funny, I have spent many tears travelling around Asia and I know a little baksheesh will go along way to greasing the wheels.

where abouts in the world are you?

did you apply for 2 seperate 60 day visas?

after you have extended you first 60 day visa by 30 days surely you will then need to leave the country to 'activate' your second visa?

isnt this where your problems could arise surely even if you have a visa as you have been in the country for 90 days they will turn you away and tell you to come back in 90 days as per the new regs?

Back
Top Bottom