What's wrong with Split Fins??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
Especially with SO MUCH experience? Right?

It seems to me - that after reading this most recent version of the thread, that the vast majority of people are saying; go with whatever you like better; and that many people are saying that all of the "alternate" kicks are able to be done with split fins :11:

Since EVERYTHING anybody says with under 1000 dives means nothing, I'll just set my dives to none so everybody knows I'm a clown. You don't need ANY experience to have an "opinion" about split fins. :shakehead

SkullDeformity:
Since EVERYTHING anybody says with under 1000 dives means nothing, I'll just set my dives to none so everybody knows I'm a clown. You don't need ANY experience to have an "opinion" about split fins. :shakehead

Opinion is one thing. When someone (the OP) is asking for INPUT, they usually want it backed up with real life stories, not some bull that you hear other people say.

I don't care if you have 1000+ dives... but if you've never tried split fins, don't knock em - just because you THINK they're no good.

howarde:
Opinion is one thing. When someone (the OP) is asking for INPUT, they usually want it backed up with real life stories, not some bull that you hear other people say.

I don't care if you have 1000+ dives... but if you've never tried split fins, don't knock em - just because you THINK they're no good.

I don't think, I know. Split fins do not serve any purpose in my diving, and I would never recommend them to anyone.

SkullDeformity:
I don't think, I know. Split fins do not serve any purpose in my diving, and I would never recommend them to anyone.

From the OP
YellowfinKunkfish:
so please tell me why people don't like them, so I can make my decision!

Then why post if you're not helping the OP?

If you like to post; there are plenty of places to post nonsense. If you're giving advice; it's best to have back up for it :wink:

SkullDeformity:
Why post anything anywhere?
To give material for your FAQ's that you are writing.

SkullDeformity:
That's because she is a she, it really doesn't have any bearing on fins.

Can you give me the facts you have on this? What's her height, weight, etc. vs. mine? How many years did previously smoke (you can see how many I did in my profile here on this board)? I'd like to see the data you have to present.

Our last instructor almost matched my height and weight, yet their gas consumption rates were equal, so I don't believe your Theory X vs. Y chromosome fit that data at all - was this simply an outlier in your data set?

And her photography I find quite good - all the pics in my gallery here were taken by her - above and below water. Lots of macro with good hovering skills. Her buoyancy skills exceed mine, no doubt about that. But then again so does her patience.

Women have lower SAC than men, unless she is 300+ lbs, which I doubt, she will most likely have a better SAC than you. Split fins are overpriced training wheels.

howarde:
If you like to post; there are plenty of places to post nonsense. If you're giving advice; it's best to have back up for it :wink:

On such a trivial piece of equipment as fins, you don't need facts. Nowhere on this thread does anyone give facts, it's all "I like them", "I don't." Fins, and discussion surrounding them, are inane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom