Which BP/W Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you mght consider supporting your local dive shop and see if thye would let yo try one out to see what suits you best. it may cost a smidge more but you might be surprised what service si worth.

i dive with a variety and now sell several different brands, my favorite wing is my DACOR II, but I don't notice much difference with any others i use. Handy clips, good intgrated system, commfortable fit, and some common sense rules at my shop!
I can't find backplates or wings on Dacor's product listing. Do you have a link?

On a separate note, why are they waving the American flag on that website, proclaiming Dacor is "The American Icon"? Isn't it now owned by Mares, an Italian firm? And probably manufacturing in Taiwan or China?

The measurement from the top of the top cam slots to the bottom of the bottom cam slots is 9", and the slots are 3 1/2" long. That leaves a 2" gap between them.
If you measure the slots on your wings and they fall within this configuation they will work.
Any holes of any size can be drilled along the base. Another option is to put a D-ring on the crotch strap on the back right below the plate. The other thing I do is put stuff on a D-ring placed as far back as I can get it on my right side waist strap. The plate is 12" wide at the base so it's pretty far back there and out of the way.

Eric:
Thanks a lot.

I see that Scuba Toys is now carrying your plate. That is great news as I can at least get my hands one to see how it fits out.

Freedom Backplate reviews and discounts, ScubaToys

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom