Solved: Who am I talking to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
lowviz

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
@The Chairman

Dear sir,
Would you consider making dive professionals (DM and above) immediately distinct from 'just divers' on this fine social board? I gain a lot of insight by being able to determine the 'flavor' of the poster and have recently been greatly surprised to learn of their professional status. I find this to be most unsettling.

It matters. You (posters) are or aren't posting as a professional. The unwashed massed don't always know this. Your SB persona does not reflect this as it should. No, we aren't all the same. Professionalism comes with obligations, titles, and transparency.

Show yourselves...

Just looked back at my stats. I've been on this board for 12 years with 1200 posts. Does this make me a Professional Internet Diver? :cool:
15 years, 11,132. Not even close. Advanced perhaps.

Does anyone really read those type of subjective review? I must be the most hassled guy on the planet, as I think all reviews suck. I refuse to leave a review, good or bad, for whatever I bought, because all reviews suck and are biased. I may be having a bad day, or just not hit it off with the mechanic or service writer or whomever. That doesn't mean the mechanic's shop sucks, but if I left a review, someone might get the impression that I think they do.

If someone leaves a review of XYZ dive shop, I am sure to ignore it. I don't get this fascination with subjective reviews of goods and services.
It's just more data points to use in research. I don't do reviews of service, but equipment reviews are very helpful in aggregate. If most people with fin x say it is hard to back up with, even if it looks like it should do fine, I am going to guess it is hard to back up with. Or whatever the case may be.

I was waiting for someone to post this, but I guess I have to be THAT guy ...

maxresdefault.jpg

I tend to actually TEACH and go diving ....funny internet was not used when I started TEACHING ..........on military forums we call posters not doers key board commandos , that being said , I HAVE learned a lot on this forum so as long as its good information I could care less how many posts people have . my biggest problem here is the liars the people claiming more dives , better dives etc when I know them personally and know their experience , but I keep my mouth shut till I here unsafe info being dispelled ............just my 2 cents

I tend to actually TEACH and go diving ....funny internet was not used when I started TEACHING ..........on military forums we call posters not doers key board commandos , that being said , I HAVE learned a lot on this forum so as long as its good information I could care less how many posts people have
If it wasn't for social media, I probably would still be teaching on the knees.

15 years, 11,132. Not even close. Advanced perhaps.
I'm closing in on 1,000 posts (10+ years) and will reach that long before 1,000 dives. The turtle wins the race. Guess I'm a Bubblemaker.

Back
Top Bottom