http://www.diveheart.org/

Who is Kimber????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
Don't think that I don't see this stuff! :mooner:
Judging from that smiley, looks like you live it too!

Who is Kimber?

Really, she's just another diver. One most of us know through the forums here. Why is there so much attention to her case compared to many others? A couple of reasons. One is that she is obviously well liked & held in high regard by her online friends. The other is that she was seriously injured but lived.

I think in most incidents we see, either the diver had a close call or is dead. With a close call, they didn't face massive medical & rehab bills, lack of ability to work for extended periods of time nor any of the other problems that generally take a lot of money to handle. Ditto if the incident kills them.

Kimber is different. She's the diver who lived, despite coming as close to dancing with angels as possible without quite crossing that line.

So she lived & is being treated & making progress. She needs help & a bunch of people are stepping up to give it.

Every time someone reports something positive, we're all very glad to hear it. It's progress in the right direction & that's what we care about for her.

Reactions: D_B
You know,

I have been asked to split off the posts that don't pertain to WHO Kimber is. Somehow, I don't think Kimber would want that. She loves to pull things off topic as much as anyone I know! To you Kimber: Get your butt in here ASAP! We need more chaos!!! :D

Reactions: D_B
NetDoc:
You know,

I have been asked to split off the posts that don't pertain to WHO Kimber is. Somehow, I don't think Kimber would want that. She loves to pull things off topic as much as anyone I know! To you Kimber: Get your butt in here ASAP! We need more chaos!!! :D

Ha, I thought the same thing :D My next thought was, "she will enjoy reading and following along". So I left them. :D

Well the Kimber I know is smart, funny, loyal, loving, a great mom, smart, courageous, determined, a good friend, courageous (did I say that already?), she looks hot enough to make yer teeth sweat, she's smart and courageous... oh hell she'll read this sooner or later, I'll stop before I embarass myself. More.

OK OK Kimber came and stayed with us a couple of times in 2004, before and after her surgery for Chiari syndrome. Here's who we're all talking about:

kimberduckling.jpg

Kimber playing with a duckling.

kimberflirt1.jpg

Kimber flirting with the Dark Side

kimberflirt2.jpg

The seduction almost complete...

zipperhead.jpg

Post surgery (2 years ago - nothing to do with present troubles!)

(these have all been posted publically before by the way - just gathering them here for the purposes of the thread!)
Mike

Okay....this just hit home. I have never met Kimber, although my brief time on here I can tell she is loved and admired...but now I feel a connection with the last couple of posts about her. My wife is also a diver....and also has chiarri (sp) malformation that apparently from the pictures of her, Kimber has. My wife (Judy) has been advised to have the surgery that apparently by the pictures posted Kimber has had done. Judy has been postponing this surgery and hoping that she will not have any more problems with the chiarri....honestly she doesn't like the idea of what needs to be done to fix this chiarri problem.

Hats off and my deepest respect to Kimber, when you are well enough Kimber drop me a PM for my wife and any advice you can give her for what this surgery entails...Thanks.

ShakaZulu:
Googled Kimber, and apparently its an online pistol

I agree. She's a pistol. :wink:

Simply put: Kimber is my friend, and her well-being means the world to me, right now. I know her only from talking with her on-line, but always, her counsel has been invaluable, and I have always admired her strength, resolve, sense of humor, intelligence, and courage.

Hurry back, Kimber. There is a candle in the window for you.

-Frank

Who is Kimber?

Kimber is an angel who literally saved my life, and gave me a fresh start. We should NEVER have been friends and many who have known me a long time still don't "get it". I won't get into details, those who know us will understand. She has had soooo many trials in her life, that this just doesn't seem fair. But she gets through them and grows even stronger as a person.

I came to love Kimber and her precious children while they lived here in Atlanta. I really miss them a lot especially some of the talks we had. I promise you girl, I WILL keep in touch better when you're up to it. Don't forget you're gonna help me w/ diving and I'm gonna teach you my sport...tennis. So work as hard as I know you will.

God bless you girl and keep you strong!!
Lots of love and great big hugs around!!

Karey

Visit http://www.getbentscuba.com between June 21 and 27th ...All Proceeds go to the Kimber Fund

Help TekDiveGirl ... Kimber Assistance Fund

Back
Top Bottom