Who would have the courage to do this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
I never lost faith in you G_M. and I personally don't think that anything that you have said has been un-christian. In fact, if anyone is guilty of that, it has been me. Matt recently has told us that things aren't going well and that he is worried about obtaining the necessary financial support. I was both surprised and a little ashamed that I wasn't even aware that Matt was asking for support... I really hadn't thought about it much. I guess I just thought that this was something crazy.

I am glad to know you never lost faith in me. But, it is true (and my wife tells me very frequently) that one of the strengths that can make me an effective witness for Christ is that I don't take anything personally and I stay in "the fight". However, I need to carefully choose my words, and my "attitude", so I do not cause people to want to not listen to whatever message I may be trying to send.

I've thought more about Matt and what seperates him as "a dreamer" from other dreamers is that he has the courage to at least try to make his dreams a reality. Many dreamers only dream and at the end of their life say "I wish I had ...".
Matt shows remarkable fortitude and as another poster stated, he's willing to risk dieing in order to do what many of us take for granted; going underwater.

Hey G_M, don't be hard on yourself...after all we are only human!!

Hey Matt, it is almost that time of year again...yep tax time. It is in my plans to do the same as I did last year for you.

ianr33:
You have a good way with words Doc. May I steal that for a sig line?
Sure. And thanks for the compliment. But sometimes I wonder if I'm too pithy for my own darned good!

Anyway, best to Matt in his endeavor and I will also support him in achieving his dream.

Regards,

Doc

Yes.....Courage,Guts,Determination

In todays world everyone is looking up to Movie Stars,Sports Stars,Musicians and Bands to worship as their Hero's.

Sounds like Matt, is what the true defination of the word HERO is all about!

Bless You Matt and live the Dream brother......

Cheers.

Hmmm... no one seemes to have picked up on this easy way to help Matt and get the word out, too. His Diving a Dream shirts get money to him and are great conversation starters. They're very nice looking too. I wear 'em on dive trips and get the opportunity to introduce Matt's project to several new folks every time.
Rick

Hey rascal1933, Thanks for the nice words.
You are all so cool to me. Take care.

Matt

Hey Green_Manelishi
No hard feelings on my behalf, we are humans and all make mistakes. When you've almost died as many times as I have, its a good motivator to me to go for what I want. Lifes short. have fun when you can. To me diving is not as dangerous as travelling in a car, I've lost 3 ppl I loved that way. Besides 2 summers ago I almost died in my van too. My wheel chair ramp started folding me up too soon and my neck was pinned in the door. I wasnt scared at all, tho I passed out even. I wasnt scared because I knew it wast my time to go. Being underwater is the best time of my life I can say that. If anything happens, then so be it, it will be my fault. No one elses. I'm not worried about it, nothin will happen to me. except having an awesome time diving! So far I have been under for 50 minutes. See you around the board.
-Matt- :D

Matt,

As I've said before, go for it guy and enjoy as much of this life as we get. The purpose of life, in my opinion, is to live it. Live it to the fullest extent you can and enjoy all that you can without injuring another human being if at all possible. The quality of life is in the experiences we have and in the relationships we have with others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom