Suggestion Why is trolling ok in all forums except DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
Or, is it that DIR is a special "no trolling zone" where fines are doubled?

I'm mystified....

I never cease to be amazed at the things that I obviously don't have enough information about to properly understand....

Northeastwrecks:
Silly Question time.

Why would you need to be "opted out" of the forum. Can't you simply avoid going there?

Click "New Posts" and tell me how to make posts from a forum not appear. In fact I had dozens of forums removed.

chrpai:
Click "New Posts" and tell me how to make posts from a forum not appear. In fact I had dozens of forums removed.

Did you actually get them to remove the forums from your new posts list or are you saying you asked them to?

cornfed:
Did you actually get them to remove the forums from your new posts list or are you saying you asked them to?

I had to get Spectre to 'unjoin' me from all the boards I didn't want to appear in my New Posts list. He asked me to keep it quiet because its a very manual process and he didn't want to have hundreds of people requesting it.

Unfortunatly the BBS software allows you to email subscribe to threads and boards, but it doesn't allow you to unsubscribe from a new posts perspective. The restriction of not being able to post to certain boards was just a bonus. The real desire was to try to reduce the number of threads that came up in my view on a day to day basis.

The thread that actually made me desire do all this was the argument over in the PNW Club over divers diving in forbidden areas. It just occurred to me that I really didn't give a poop and that I'd be better off not reading it all.

chrpai:
He asked me to keep it quiet because its a very manual process and he didn't want to have hundreds of people requesting it.

In that case I'm sure he now regrets trusting you to do so.

WW

WreckWriter:
In that case I'm sure he now regrets trusting you to do so.

WW

I doubt he really cares since he's not a moderator anymore. Besides he brought it on himself when he said "Oh give me a break Chris."

chrpai:
I doubt he really cares since he's not a moderator anymore. Besides he brought it on himself when he said "Oh give me a break Chris."

So just because he said something that wasn't entirely in your favor you are entitled to break your word to him? Interesting. I'm sure when he goes back to moderator status he'll be sure to quickly remove your sorry ass :)

WW

WreckWriter:
So just because he said something that wasn't entirely in your favor you are entitled to break your word to him? Interesting. I'm sure when he goes back to moderator status he'll be sure to quickly remove your sorry ass :)

WW

Ah another lovely poster. Thats all that seems to be around here anymore. Why it is they always have DIR, GUE or The Deco Stop in their profile?

WreckWriter:
I'm sure when he goes back to moderator status he'll be sure to quickly remove your sorry ass

I tried. Unfortunately I was too close to the situations to be able to push it.

Back
Top Bottom