Suggestion Why is trolling ok in all forums except DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
Or, is it that DIR is a special "no trolling zone" where fines are doubled?

I'm mystified....

I never cease to be amazed at the things that I obviously don't have enough information about to properly understand....

Chrpai offered the previous inanity:
I know I wasn't banned, I quietly asked to be "opt'd out"

Yes, but now you are calling for creation of a "Neutral Zone". Tell you what, if you promise not to attend any more Star Geek conventions, wear your pointy ears whenever you post, and stop searching around -hh's anus for Klingons, we will grant you your new area, Captain.

chrpai:
I know I wasn't banned, I quietly asked to be "opt'd out"

I was just trying to make it clear to you that Spectre wasn't trying to make it look like you were banned.

Chris...if you are so anti-DIR...why do you have such a fixation on bringing it up in other threads when ideas other than what you believe are brought into the discussion?

Why do you seem to have "slam DIR" as your raison d'etre...it's even in your profile?

Chris...get it through your head...we don't care how you dive! We don't care how you mark your tanks! We don't care which threads/areas of the board you post to!

What do I care about? I care about discussing diving. I care about open dialogue. I care about exposing people to new ideas and being open to new ideas myself. I care about well reasoned debate. I also care about calling something garbage if I belive it is.

Come to the party with a similar mindset and lo and behold...you might find there is much more we agree about then disagree.

Brian

O-ring:
I am amused by the rec.scubaboons hounding MHK though. It cracks me up. It's like Einstein being chased down by a troop of nature's "D" students. I have this mental image of a bunch of drooling, knuckle-dragging Quasimodo types chasing MHK around the streets of CA and it makes me laugh so hard I want to throw the heck up..

KEYBOARD!!!!

O-ring:
Yes, but now you are calling for creation of a "Neutral Zone". Tell you what, if you promise not to attend any more Star Geek conventions, wear your pointy ears whenever you post, and stop searching around -hh's anus for Klingons, we will grant you your new area, Captain.
ROFLMFAO !!!

OH man...this is funny stuff...I'm glad O-ring is back from vacation...it seems to have spiced up his posting a little.

Big-t-2538:
ROFLMFAO !!!

OH man...this is funny stuff...I'm glad O-ring is back from vacation...it seems to have spiced up his posting a little.

Why can't we all agree to disagree on some things? If the DIR types had continued to treat my posts the way that they did when I first started on this board, I would still be crusading against them, too.

I am not a big fan of the trollers on either side of this fence. We all know that bringing up certain topics (which I will try to have the respect to not mention and make this thread any more heated than it is) brings out the "more passionate" divers from either side.

I learn quite a bit from reading DIR posts BEFORE they start to get inflammatory or "preachy." Then I have wait two or three pages until people settle down to get in the next nugget of wisdom. Maybe if there was less "baiting" by both sides (primarily, I am ashamed to say the anti-DIR people who haven't learned that arguing with someone whose mind is made up is useless but there was an exchange in the Rec Triox thread that severely pushed the line on the part of the DIR divers as well. Mr Kane did a good job of slowing that down.), we wouldn't be having the name-calling issues that I see.

Now, Big-T, do you have any more beer in that cooler for me sit in that lawn chair and watch these kind people provide our entertainment? If not, I will provide some!

diverbrian:
Now, Big-T, do you have any more beer in that cooler for me sit in that lawn chair and watch these kind people provide our entertainment? If not, I will provide some!
I've always got room for one more...it's called a contingency plan....or in this case...cooler.

chrpai....

It would appear you are just a little obsessed with your anti-DIR crusade....so much so that you even have an anti-DIR mini-rant in your profile...

I think we all need to run into the neutral zone and have a group hug....

Northeastwrecks:
Silly Question time.

Why would you need to be "opted out" of the forum. Can't you simply avoid going there?

I guess when you've been trolling for so long, it's kind of like an addiction.

Repeat after me, Chris: My name is Chris, and I am a pathological troller. I cannot control my trolling, especially when it relates to DIR. My life is obsessed with DIR. I hate it. It controls me. It's in every part of my day. Please help me.

You will feel better when you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom