why not a poodle jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many people have you seen in caves, or spoken to about cave diving rigs? What sort of percentage used or recommended BP's; what sort of percentage recommended PJ's?

Would you say there is a statistically significant difference in the number of BP v's PJ? I'f so, what is the most likely reason for the difference?

PS. Don't forget to get the prescription filled. I feel sure this will help with the voices.

I guess I'm of a different mindset than most. I'd like to see you continue you you're cave training even if you never dive cave again you will be a better diver and have more knowledge which is always better.
In saying that you need to have the right equipment for the class/enviornment and really there is no way to slice this one other than you really need a different BC even if you don't do doubles. I dive CCR but I've changed my stuff to a single piece webbing harness with an extra SS buckle so I can get out of it if I become entangled. In 90% of cave training enviornments you don't have to worry about it because you'll be on gold line or tightly strung jumps but as you progress the line is looser and there's more chances of entanglement. Beyond that there is the ENVIORNMENT and I can't stand people that drag straps, regs, lights, reels through the soft clay leaving nice little slug trails for the next 1, 2, 10 years.

Let me begin by stating that I find the term "poodle jacket" to be pejorative, but I chose to use it to differentiate BP/w from other forms of BCs.

Amazing how terminology has changed. Poodle jackets were what you placed over the second stage of a deco reg so you accidently didn't use it. I remember the flame wars of the 90's,George Irvine elevated this term to new levels.

Forwarding address? :idk:

He's still posting as same name, just not in this thread.

Thanks for the warning. :D

I feel bad for him actually, I always feel sorry for people who get upset at what people say on the internet, it's like just don't take it seriously as you miss out on all the fun.

After this I will be asking them to change my name.

I feel unwelcome here and am out of this forum. Happy diving, all. If you wish to continue this you will have to PM me.

Hopefully you'll head over to the Exposure Protection forum... with such thin skin you'll need a good suit.

:cool2:

PS - we know you're still reading this thread. Your name shows up in the "Members reading this thread" section on the bottom./

:shocked2:

I feel bad for him actually, I always feel sorry for people who get upset at what people say on the internet, it's like just don't take it seriously as you miss out on all the fun.

Sooner or later nonsencial behavior will be called out (just ask DCBC). RJP's appropriate responce set the tone for the rest of the thread...

Why not check the replies to one of the many threads, polls, and trolls that you've posted on the "BCD vs BP/W" topic?

Seems that you ask a variation on this question at least once a week; have you really not been able to find an answer to your question?

Your many threads notwithstanding, I find it hard to believe that the reasons that most cave divers chose a BP/W over a traditional BCD are still lost on someone who has completed a cavern course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom