Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name: Boats! (heh heh heh, I was me, who would be, then, me Todd White)

SO, I have my official new name! While in the Navy Reserve, I was a Boatswain's Mate. As a E5, everyone called me Boats. Which, is sort-of a Naval Tradition thing. There were plenty of other "Boats" in the Navy! It was great to be part of this tradition!

- Boats! :)

Hey I like your new handle. Now I can't remember your real name :rofl3: Just kidding Todd!

Sean

III

I'm a third generation Ford, so needless to say there are no Chevys in my driveway.
The III has always been my mark. I tag all my gear, from sporting to tools, even my tanks. Still trying to get that personalized license plate, been trying for over 15 years now.

The Avatar

My beautiful wife is German. Her first cousin came over for the first time a few months back. Well, we spent alot of time on and in the water, she took that pic while we were Tarpon fishing. She said in her broken english, "one of the last pirates" SWEET!:14:

Night Vision refers to my other hobby, Astronomy. I hand grind, polish and figure telescope mirrors and when they’re finished build a telescope around them. My current project is a 42 pound chunk of Pyrex that, after four years of work, is getting closer to catch some ancient photons. It will be a 7 foot long telescope when finished.

The best time to spend a night out under the stars around here is in the winter, so it’s inner space in the summer and outer space in the winter (paraphrase stolen from Astro Dad)

After you spend about half an hour under a really dark sky without any white or bright lights around, you have Night Vision.

Here is one of my smaller creations:

finished.jpg

Allen, That’s awesome! I bought a book 10 years ago on how to build a telescope, read it twice but still have not started my first scope. One thing is certain, I will build one. Not a 16” but maybe a 6” Newtonian.

Blue Horizons are what I am seeing when I am headed out diving or fishing. They have a calming effect on me.

Back in 88' when I got certified at the ripe old age of 12 the dive shop was named Blue Horizons. The shop was in Oldsmar and has been gone a long time.

The avatar is just a pic that was taken down in the Keys.

Ryan.

Oh heck, I'll play too. When I met my husband's family,there was already a Kathy Brandt*, so I became Kate, or K8 for shorter.

My avatar is my latest tattoo. The picture was taken by a dear friend Vernon Williams, aka "OldFart" who has since passed. I haven't the desire to change it.

*Not the author.

On our first dive trip in 2005 to Grand Cayman, our favorite DM said after a dive that I was like an "underwater bumblebee". Probably cause my buoyancy wasn't so great then. Anyways, it stuck and now I like to think it refers to me buzzing around the reef from one piece of coral to another.

Back
Top Bottom