Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When my oldest daughter first started to talk, she called me Bob, we never did figure that one out. :) I'm also a Flight Instructor on inactive status, hence the Snoopy avatar. The only flying I do these days is underwater. :palmtree:

Screen name is obvious. The avatar is a gentleman with the same last name as my own.

Name: Boats! (heh heh heh, I was me, who would be, then, me Todd White)

SO, I have my official new name! While in the Navy Reserve, I was a Boatswain's Mate. As a E5, everyone called me Boats. Which, is sort-of a Naval Tradition thing. There were plenty of other "Boats" in the Navy! It was great to be part of this tradition!

- Boats! :)

NAME:Mine started out as N@rco$i$, which I changed to Narcosis because everyone said it was a pain in the Butt to type, plus as you can see everything I type it into thinks its an email address. I then changed it to DiveBandit to match my website. I came up with that name watching the discovery channel's "deadliest catch" from the boat "Time Bandit" and I figured it kinda fit since I dive so darn much.

Avatar: Just thought it was a neat picture.

Welcome Boats!

Good choice for a screen name. I like it.

I'll wait on the Navy vs Marine Corps conversation until next Friday :D

I came up with that name watching the discovery channel's "deadliest catch" from the boat "Time Bandit" and I figured it kinda fit since I dive so darn much.

Go figure .... I thought " Cornelia Marie" was much better. :D:D:D:D

Well one time at band camp.....ooops wrong story. Since I have such a sharp mind when it come to thinking of things like a screen name I came up with mine using my 1st and middle initial and my last name! Clever don't you think?

Screen Name:I really really like tennis.

Avatar: Everybody loves Barry Manilow, don't they?

Screen name: all the exciting ones were taken

Avatar: as TC pointed out it must match one's personality

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom