Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your girlfriend?

:11: He's married!

The proper term would be mistress.

Well, I thought this was some-sort of Official Diving Buddy Board! SO, I just used my name! BUT, never fear! I am questing for something of interest!

I was in the Navy, so I'm leaning that way now for a handle.

HEY, I think I just thought of one! I'll see if its available!

The avatar is my first official dive over at Hudson Grotto! It was taken during the 40 Anniversary party!

Todd - with a SOON to have new handle! MAYBE! :)

Great thread,

DZScubie was given to me after I started skydiving. The other jumpers at my DZ (drop zone) called me scubie because of my afinity for scuba and that kind of morfed into dzscubie somehow. I still have a dive flag sewed to my jump suit. No matter what, i'm ether going up or down. My avatar is the hard hat my wife gave me for christmas many, many, many years ago... man I love that woman.
p.s. I met her in a dive shop and she buys me gear with out asking... yepper she's a keeper.

Name: It's kind of obvious and lame...but it's been that way too long to change it now!

Avatar: Drunken night goofing off with new boyfriend and my blackberry...it is my best cousin it impression!

It's important that your avatar fit your personality.

'nuff said.

Your girlfriend?

Is that the best you got?? Make an effort next time. :lotsalove:

:11: He's married!
The proper term would be mistress.

They're just friends with benefits. If they were mistresses, I'd have to buy stuff for them and that might affect my dive budget.
DPE, you have the phone # to learn the origins of the pig if you don't already know :D

My name is Joyce, and I'm a Scubaboard junkie! As, kids, my younger sister always used to call me Joyster. When Al Gore invented the internet, and it was time to sign up for my first e-mail account, Joyster just kind of morphed into Joystershell. And the rest is history. As for my avatar, whatever strikes me at the moment. This week, it's lobster mania down here in Florida, after TS Fay pushed them all up into shallow waters.

DHMO stands for Dihydrogen Monoxide....H2O...plain old water...

Use of it comes from some chain pulling with our lab safety/quality officer. He is (was) an industrial chemist and couldn't believe that my section did not use any chemicals so I found a Material Safety Data Sheet for DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info) and pasted it in the MSDS book.

He read that it can be toxic...forms explosive gasses with calcium carbonate...corrodes metals...etc and flipped out. When he asked what we use it for and I told him we drink it, he went over the edge. Too much fun when I told him it was water.

DHMo_Org is a great satyrical web site. They want to ban DHMO and if you don't know the joke, you may agree.

The avitar is Kilroy at Lake Rawlings, VA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom