Window into rear curtain sync

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roger J Munns

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi

Some of my colleagues from Scubazoo are publishing a book on the Maldives and have started a blog to document the long watery road until it's completed. Jason Isley and Adam Broadbent are in the Maldives right now taking photos for the book and Adam has done a short piece on rear curtain sync which might be interesting to photographers trying to get that speed/action blur which looks so cool.

Check it out here The Underwater Kingdom A Window into Rear Curtain Sync

honeycomb1-586x395.jpg

Just joined ScubaBoard and it looks great :D

Roger

Hi

Some of my colleagues from Scubazoo are publishing a book on the Maldives and have started a blog to document the long watery road until it's completed. Jason Isley and Adam Broadbent are in the Maldives right now taking photos for the book and Adam has done a short piece on rear curtain sync which might be interesting to photographers trying to get that speed/action blur which looks so cool.

Check it out here The Underwater Kingdom A Window into Rear Curtain Sync

honeycomb1-586x395.jpg

Just joined ScubaBoard and it looks great :D

Roger

What an outstanding shot! Good luck to you on this project. Can't wait to see the final results.

How does this differ from the SLOW mode on my flash with a point-and-shoot camera?

Hmm difficult to say Doc. Getting the slowmo blur effect is about two things, one using a slow shutter speed (this might be what the slow mode does on your camera) and two having the flash fire at the end of the exposure rather than at the start. I'm not sure if P&S cameras have that ability. Guess it's time to pull out the manual!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom