Worst Movie Ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver:
Just saw a while back, the worst of all time...not funny completely stupid. Went to see it for free as a promo and still wanted my money back. Nacho Libre. Half the people in the theater left about 1/4 through. Jack Black is not funny in my opinion. More the retarded kid who falls and everyone keeps from laughing.

That movie is time that would of been better spent listening to 30 hungry babies cry in my ear.

I thought I was the only person in this world that thought that Jack Black was completely unfunny! Thank you! He should be in a rodeo with Horatio Sans, the least funniest guy ever. What idiot gave this guy a break?

Okay, I just saw Hostel this weekend. Normally I like Tarrantino's stuff, but this movie SUCKED. It was like he just said "Let's see how much gross crap we can put in a movie and still get people to watch it." What a waste.
I'll probably catch flack for this one but I thought Syriana sucked too. Too disjointed. You shouldn't have to focus that hard to keep up with a plot that really isnt that interesting to begin with.

There are some good candidates for all-time worst movie here - Dune (worst movie adapted from the best original material), Meet Joe Black (what can I say?), What the #$*! Do We (K)now!? (cheesy, quasi-scientific, docu-drama crapola), and several other truly abysmal movies, excluding stuff like Plan 9 from Outer Space, which is just so bad you can't really take it seriously. But, going back to the OP's original format: There's Something About Mary is really bad, but it's no Joe Versus the Volcano (the original pairing of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan). I can't believe some of the garbage my ex-wife dragged me to see! Honorable mention worst movie (which I can't believe nobody has mentioned): The Fifth Element, directed by Luc Besson (apparently while taking really bad drugs), and starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovic, Luc Besson's wife.

Here's a thought, are these really the WORST movies?

It would be really fun to list the bottom ten most mentioned on this thread and put them on a poll.

I agree with most of the opinions expressed but some of these listed as the WORST just aren't that bad in my opinion. I mean I look for true ROT in a WORST movie. Ahhhhhhh, 5th Element? Hey it wasn't high art but I thought it was a hoot for the most part.

Somebody mentioned Attack of the Killer Tomatoes like it was supposed to be serious sci fi. C'mon. It was a low budget goof and fun as hell.

I hated DUNE the first version, liked the mini-series version though.

Really bad? Any James Bond flick with Roger Moore in it.

divingjd:
There are some good candidates for all-time worst movie here - Dune (worst movie adapted from the best original material), Meet Joe Black (what can I say?), What the #$*! Do We (K)now!? (cheesy, quasi-scientific, docu-drama crapola), and several other truly abysmal movies, excluding stuff like Plan 9 from Outer Space, which is just so bad you can't really take it seriously. But, going back to the OP's original format: There's Something About Mary is really bad, but it's no Joe Versus the Volcano (the original pairing of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan). I can't believe some of the garbage my ex-wife dragged me to see! Honorable mention worst movie (which I can't believe nobody has mentioned): The Fifth Element, directed by Luc Besson (apparently while taking really bad drugs), and starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovic, Luc Besson's wife.

crazy what some people like and don't like...

i like _the fifth element_ for the color and the stylized cinematography and i don't find bruce willis too offensive and definitely don't think milla jovovich is too offensive -- plot thin, acting somewhat thin, and neither of them won an oscar, and she probably doesn't make my top 20 in terms of hotness, but its still not what i'd call the worst movie ever.

and _joe vs the volcano_ i find brilliant... "i know he can get the job, but can he do the job..."

_plan 9_ is camp, i guess you either understand "so bad its good" or you don't... gotta be in the right mood to watch something like that though...

the cave, or open water are so much worse than all those movies...

Jcsgt:
Fargo. It had some funny parts, but in the end, I just didn't get it.

my last name is granquist, all my relatives on my father's side live in minnesota, and i listened to prarie home companion growing up and i could relate to it. fargo was hilarious.

you just don't appreciate my people.

Fargo was a comic work of art for grownups ONLY. Pure genius and on the opposite end of WORST.

Some people didn't get it? Hell, that's OK.

(And Roger Moore wasn't in it!)

Anything dubbed a "period piece".

what about _Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid_ or a billion other 'horror' movies like that. i'll take _The Grudge_ over that anyday (not my favorite horror movie by far, but i managed to sit through it and occasionally get a little creeped out, so its definitely not the worst i've seen...).

it's looking like we may have another one of these bad movies coming up as well: "I've had it with these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!"... maybe it'll be campy bad instead of just bad...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom