WTF scubastore.com?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuga

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I ordered a uwatec computer from scubastore.com and a couple days later I get an email that states Your order has been canceled. I sent them an email back asking why and no response (it has been 2 weeks). I go to the website and I can't browse to the computer. However, if I Google the computer, it is there and available (not on backorder). What's the deal?

So I ordered a uwatec computer from scubastore.com and a couple days later I get an email that states Your order has been canceled. I sent them an email back asking why and no response (it has been 2 weeks). I go to the website and I can't browse to the computer. However, if I Google the computer, it is there and available (not on backorder). What's the deal?

Oh, it's quite simple. You see...

Wait a second, HTF would anyone here know?

:shocked2:

Oh, it's quite simple. You see...

Wait a second, HTF would anyone here know?

:shocked2:

It is my hope, that someone does.

Furthermore, I have found that if I select any country besides the US their site is filled with Aqualung and Scubapro gear. But, if you select the US it all disappears. Maybe it's connected.

My best guess would be that you can't see it when going to their site from a US IP Address because they can't sell it to you because they're not an authorized US dealer for Uwatec (they're in Spain), and that when you purchase it by using the link in Google, they're canceling it because they can't sell it to you.

If they sell the computer to you and it fails, they can either tell you "it sucks to be you", leaving you with an expensive paperweight, or give you an exchange, which leaves them with an expensive paperweight and 100% loss on the the cost of the replacement computer.

However they should have responded to your emails.

Terry

My best guess would be that you can't see it when going to their site from a US IP Address because they can't sell it to you because they're not an authorized US dealer for Uwatec (they're in Spain), and that when you purchase it by using the link in Google, they're canceling it because they can't sell it to you.

If they sell the computer to you and it fails, they can either tell you "it sucks to be you", leaving you with an expensive paperweight, or give you an exchange, which leaves them with an expensive paperweight and 100% loss on the the cost of the replacement computer.

However they should have responded to your emails.

Terry

Does scubapro have authorized us dealers on the internet? I mean I have heard that leisure pro isn't which is why I went with scubatore because it says they are.

If they are going to nitpick about a warranty like that maybe I am better off with some other dive computer.

Does scubapro have authorized us dealers on the internet? I mean I have heard that leisure pro isn't which is why I went with scubatore because it says they are.

If they are going to nitpick about a warranty like that maybe I am better off with some other dive computer.

Scuba Pro does not have internet sales to my knowledge. I seen you live in Atlanta have you tried Divers Supply? I just bought a good little computer from Scuba Toys it is a wrist computer. It is a Oceanic VEO100 NX. It cost $174.95 not bad for a Nitrox and Air computer. I looked on the net for a couple of weeks then it went on sale. I think Diver Supply will match this deal if you wanted to buy local.

Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Wrist Computer reviews and discounts, Oceanic

and they list it in US dollars...very odd if they can't sell here. I know the US dollar is/was considered a standard but still.

Maybe you would be better off with a manufacturer that supports their customers. In the end you have to decide if Scubapro is a good value, or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom