WTF scubastore.com?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Pro does not have internet sales to my knowledge. I seen you live in Atlanta have you tried Divers Supply? I just bought a good little computer from Scuba Toys it is a wrist computer. It is a Oceanic VEO100 NX. It cost $174.95 not bad for a Nitrox and Air computer. I looked on the net for a couple of weeks then it went on sale. I think Diver Supply will match this deal if you wanted to buy local.

Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Wrist Computer reviews and discounts, Oceanic

Thanks for the heads up

Maybe you would be better off with a manufacturer that supports their customers. In the end you have to decide if Scubapro is a good value, or not.

Your right. What kills me is I read that letter that says Scubapro from LP is gray-market. But, scubapro europe isn't gray market what's the point why make a Europe and America distinction in the era of globalization.

and they list it in US dollars...very odd if they can't sell here. I know the US dollar is/was considered a standard but still.

No, they let you go so far as placing your order credit card and all. Then email you after you get your confirmation.

From what I have heard from dealers around me that used to sell Scubapro, the reason they dont sell on the internet is because they want to maintain "brand integrity." Basically, it amounts to a way to keep prices high across the board so that there is no battling between dealers and they are all able to get the same high margins on the product. Additionally, by keeping it off the internet you never have to worry about that pesky price matchings or competitive pricing.

Honestly, I wish I could totally avoid Scubapro products, because I hate that kind of anti-consumer malarky. Really it isn't necessary to gouge consumers; all it does it put up a barrier to entry to the sport and convince people that the good stuff is just out of their range--thanks to many people on SB I know that isn't true, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have such unbiased guidance.

Nevertheless, when all is said and done I will end up giving in, because they sell a computer I like:(

But, scubapro europe isn't gray market what's the point why make a Europe and America distinction in the era of globalization.
Because the quasi-price-fixing that ScubaPro and Aqualung carry on with their authorized dealer system is illegal in the EU?

Because the quasi-price-fixing that ScubaPro and Aqualung carry on with their authorized dealer system is illegal in the EU?

It is price fixing, and they do it in the US because they can. They can't get away with it in Europe. However, if you buy something from a European company, ScubaPro won't honor the warranty in the US - you would have to send it back to Europe for repairs. I have had a love-hate relationship with ScubaPro for years over their policies. I love their regulators and BCD's, but I won't pay their anti-competitive prices. So I buy from Leisure Pro, and accept the fact that I don't get the ScubaPro lifetime warranty. But that warranty is not worth as much as you might think anyway. I have a MKV reg that I bought from a ScubaPro dealer about 40 years ago. I lost the warranty card years ago, and I can't even get the second stage serviced any more - even if I pay for it!

A series of emails I sent to Scubastore a short time ago.

1st set.

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your question at Scubastore.com.

Unfortunately we need to inform you that we can not send any Scubapro products outside Europe anymore.

So we can't send you the DS4 XTX 50

We are really sorry for this inconvenience!

For your information, please see our Terms and Conditions (at the bottom of our web page):

The delivery of products of Scubapro Uwatec will be carried out only in directions included in the European Economic Space (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Republic Slovakia, Czech Republic and Republic of Slovenia).

However we are happy to invite you to purchase other brands to substitute your order.

Kindest regards,

Francesco
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Francesco Ricciardi'
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:29 AM
Subject: RV: Apeks regs

Enviado el: lunes, 15 de marzo de 2010 10:11
Para: orders@Scubastore.com
Asunto: Apeks regs

Name: Mark Hancock
Subject: Apeks regs
Text: I was about to put in another order for a DS4 XTX 50 but there were no Apeks regs on the reg page. Do you no longer sell them, or is there some error with the page

2nd set

Sir,

I don't know the reason, the only think I know is that we have a ban for some countries, including USA and Australia.

With Best Regards

Francesco

To: Francesco Ricciardi
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: Apeks regs

I also notice that you still send Apeks products everywhere from Canada to China, none of these seem to be in the EU either..

Mark

Hale & Farewell

On 16/03/2010, at 10:20 PM, Francesco Ricciardi wrote:

Sorry for the nonsense,

but the distributor is the same here in Europe.
Anyway, Unfortunately we need to inform you that we can not send any APEKS products outside Europe anymore.

With many thanks
Francesco

Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:05 PM

As the Apeks XTX DS4 50 regulator is an APEKS/Aqualung product & has nothing to do with Scubapro Uwatec, your response makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mark

Hale & Farewell

Like it or not (and for the record I dont like it), if you want to buy a new Scubapro or Uwatec product, you will not be able to get one online from an authorized dealer. This is a link to Scubapro's policy http://www.scubapro.com/media/1269033/consumeralert.pdf
Leisurepro does sell some Scubapro product and does provide the warranty work themselves on these products, but as to where they come from, only LP knows. I would trust LP for a BC or computer, but personally I would be uncomfortable getting a Scubapro reg from them.

A series of emails I sent to Scubastore a short time ago.

1st set.

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your question at Scubastore.com.

Unfortunately we need to inform you that we can not send any Scubapro products outside Europe anymore.

So we can't send you the DS4 XTX 50

We are really sorry for this inconvenience!

For your information, please see our Terms and Conditions (at the bottom of our web page):

The delivery of products of Scubapro Uwatec will be carried out only in directions included in the European Economic Space (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Republic Slovakia, Czech Republic and Republic of Slovenia).

However we are happy to invite you to purchase other brands to substitute your order.

Kindest regards,

Francesco
To: 'Francesco Ricciardi'
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:29 AM
Subject: RV: Apeks regs

Enviado el: lunes, 15 de marzo de 2010 10:11
Para: orders@Scubastore.com
Asunto: Apeks regs

Name: Mark Hancock
Subject: Apeks regs
Text: I was about to put in another order for a DS4 XTX 50 but there were no Apeks regs on the reg page. Do you no longer sell them, or is there some error with the page

2nd set

Sir,

I don't know the reason, the only think I know is that we have a ban for some countries, including USA and Australia.

With Best Regards

Francesco

Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:47 PM

I also notice that you still send Apeks products everywhere from Canada to China, none of these seem to be in the EU either..

Mark

Hale & Farewell

On 16/03/2010, at 10:20 PM, Francesco Ricciardi wrote:

Sorry for the nonsense,

but the distributor is the same here in Europe.
Anyway, Unfortunately we need to inform you that we can not send any APEKS products outside Europe anymore.

With many thanks
Francesco

Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:05 PM

As the Apeks XTX DS4 50 regulator is an APEKS/Aqualung product & has nothing to do with Scubapro Uwatec, your response makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mark

Hale & Farewel
l

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Scubastore has changed quite a bit since the accountants & money lenders forced its founder out.

If you would like to try another cheap, authorised source in Europe for Scubapro or Aqualung, have a look at Lucas Dive in the Netherlands. I haven't tried them yet, but I'v been told they still send world wide.

Home-Lucas Divestore

Just as an aside; in the past, Aqualung Oz wouldn't allow their products to be discounted or sold over the web. Recently however, their prices have dropped between 30 & 40% & they're being sold over the web. Might have something to do with Oceanic Oz's run in with the ACCC.

Oceanic Diving admits engaging in resale price maintenance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom